a place on beatport

- ask away
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

thanks dude,

I know its a lot of work, this is why I take the time to do it. I whant to do it perfectly, I prefer to launch my label maybe in one year, but in the good way than do it now and fall out :)

Now before the contact with the distributors, Im working on the label status as a company/ association. Find good a good team,....

I whant to take more informations I can and this thread really help me :)
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

tone-def wrote:
thomasjaldemark wrote:Or go through an aggregator like http://www.abluentmedia.com/
they couldn't even reply to my e-mail so i wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
I can't speak for everyone at Abluent, but if your email was missed, we take full responsibility and certainly apologize - we're human.

I've looked back through all of our emails in both my personal as well as the Abluent inbox, and can't find any emails from you. Can you tell me the last date you sent an email - I will go back and check.

If you are still interested in working with us, we're, of course, happy to continue the conversation. However, if our lack of response left a bad taste in your mouth (it would if it happened to me too!), I completely understand.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Brian Ffar wrote:
tone-def wrote:
thomasjaldemark wrote:Or go through an aggregator like http://www.abluentmedia.com/
they couldn't even reply to my e-mail so i wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
I can't speak for everyone at Abluent, but if your email was missed, we take full responsibility and certainly apologize - we're human.

I've looked back through all of our emails in both my personal as well as the Abluent inbox, and can't find any emails from you. Can you tell me the last date you sent an email - I will go back and check.

If you are still interested in working with us, we're, of course, happy to continue the conversation. However, if our lack of response left a bad taste in your mouth (it would if it happened to me too!), I completely understand.
i sent it on November 16th. since then i've decided it's not the right time for me to start a label. i'm too busy with my studies and i want to put all my energy into my own music. but maybe in a year or two i'll be ready.

i would still like to know the answers to the questions i sent.

i sent it to your info@ address.
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

I only have one other email in the Abluent account on November 16, and it's from another label unfortunately. Will you send me another email to my personal account?

brianffar (at) gmail.com

I'm happy to answer any questions you have offline, but would like to be as transparent as possible. If you think you have questions others might be interested in, feel free to post them here. If not, we can chat more over email.

Thanks for understanding.
Myfirstcasio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Myfirstcasio »

I like Juno, I find it a bit annoying that beatport tie up labels with "exclusives" all the time, the last 3-4 releases on Genesa have been Beatport exclusive and they charge more than Juno. :(
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Myfirstcasio wrote:I like Juno, I find it a bit annoying that beatport tie up labels with "exclusives" all the time, the last 3-4 releases on Genesa have been Beatport exclusive and they charge more than Juno. :(
Beatport doesn't force labels to be exclusive.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Myfirstcasio wrote:I like Juno, I find it a bit annoying that beatport tie up labels with "exclusives" all the time, the last 3-4 releases on Genesa have been Beatport exclusive and they charge more than Juno. :(
indeed, you have to complain to the label because Beatport absolutely does not force you to give an exclusive to them.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

PsyTox wrote:
indeed, you have to complain to the label because Beatport absolutely does not force you to give an exclusive to them.
And the label(s) also decide themselves if they want to be 2, 4 or 8 weeks exclusive...