Building in Reaktor

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

PsyTox wrote:too difficult to build my own synths, but the user library is an endless source of amazing stuff. Reaktor is simply brilliant. I especially love those ensembles that generate random sounds. I could listen for hours to those sounds bouncing off each other at random.
i find myself resampling those Reaktor ensembles. thats all i pretty much do with Reaktor now, i find it pretty unstable. hopefully it will work better on my next computer.

thats just made me think of something. when i get a new Mac can i use all my NI licenses on the new computer? i hate there product registration.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

tone-def wrote:
i find myself resampling those Reaktor ensembles. thats all i pretty much do with Reaktor now, i find it pretty unstable. hopefully it will work better on my next computer.

thats just made me think of something. when i get a new Mac can i use all my NI licenses on the new computer? i hate there product registration.
i've never had any issues with reaktor apart from the VST doesn't show up (do I just use AU), and the occaisional bug when patching (but never in performance). But maybe I've been lucky.

I've heard from a few people that they've had issues and the company is also well known for not always being great about bug fixes.

i think it will be ok to use licenses on new mac. you might ahve to email customer support to deregister from your old computer. I dunno, I've never had to bother. All I have is Reaktor and I've just used their service centre thing and it's been trouble free.
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

tone-def wrote:
PsyTox wrote:too difficult to build my own synths, but the user library is an endless source of amazing stuff. Reaktor is simply brilliant. I especially love those ensembles that generate random sounds. I could listen for hours to those sounds bouncing off each other at random.

Yup. I'm pretty sure the NI license allows you to install and activate on 2 or 3 computers and just prevents you from running more than one installation at the same time. Studio computer + gigging laptop is the idea, I guess. If you really want/need to "de-register" your old computer you could probably ring up Tech Support and ask them...
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
tristos
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tristos »

Agreed on the juno 6 ensamble only got it a few weeks back but getting some nice results, want to get the real deal but skint so was a good find.
breakitdown
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by breakitdown »

There's a really good one called stab machine - you load in your synth stab sample and it has an efx and pitch chain... If you load in some dub stabs - instant Deepchord !

I posted up on NIs site and one of the guys there manipulated it for me so it accepts incoming audio instead of an audio sample - so now i feed it with Massive and get some top notch Dub Techno stabs - theres a track in my soundcloud (untitled) that i used it on - is also on my url below. If i have some time later i will post up the ensemble.
NI Massive Video Tutorial
http://www.massivesynth.com/course/

Tutorials for Native Instruments Massive
http://www.massivesynth.com

Tutorials for Native Instruments FM8
http://www.fm8tutorials.com
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

breakitdown wrote:There's a really good one called stab machine - you load in your synth stab sample and it has an efx and pitch chain... If you load in some dub stabs - instant Deepchord !

I posted up on NIs site and one of the guys there manipulated it for me so it accepts incoming audio instead of an audio sample - so now i feed it with Massive and get some top notch Dub Techno stabs - theres a track in my soundcloud (untitled) that i used it on - is also on my url below. If i have some time later i will post up the ensemble.
yes plz! the ensemble! :D
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i've been trying out applied acoustics tessman 4 and i have to say it's much more user friendly than reaktor.
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

tone-def wrote:i've been trying out applied acoustics tessman 4 and i have to say it's much more user friendly than reaktor.
yes, but also less powerful
reaktor can almost make coffee and cook pizzas -surprised flower