mpc 1000 vs Maschine

- ask away
nrjizer
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nrjizer »

Hmm... well, I have someone offering me a black MPC-1000 w/ memory upgrade and JJ for $500. Seems like a good deal, but I'm still not sure. It's between an MPC or a 2nd hand synth, which would bring my synth collection up to 3 and round me out nicely.
gosh
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gosh »

an mpc 1000 will allow you to sequence those other two synths pretty nicely. Sample the other two synths into the MPC and f*ck with the sample and you'll have a third synth anyway.

Oh and without trying to be a f*cker Opuswerks but... It might not directly cause bad harm to eyes but surely causing strain on them changes causes muscles to change resulting in deteriorating eyesight? Just throwing ideas out there..I'm not an optician! I just don't believe that staring at a white light screen all day long isn't bad for you in the long run.

Anyway, I think it's a mute argument. I'm not using an MPC because i'm worried about my damn eyesight. I use an MPC because it just works - everytime. No crashes, no bloatware, no soundcard issues, rock-solid midi sequencing, creative use of ram restrictions. I also happen to find "livesets" played off just a laptop boring. I like my livesets that are chaotic..where things aren't perfect. I like the fact that soo much good music was made on equipmet with restrictions. And yes there are big restrictions - i think a balance between hardware and software is the way forwards. Just because the pioneers made music on limited equipment doesn't mean they wanted to. Some of them might have loved Reaktor, and Maschine, and MFL and so and so and so....
We're all f*cking lucky and should make some frikkin music rather than talk about it. I should know I'm guilty of it just like you all..
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

At the end of the day it comes down to 2 factors:
What is faster to use
and what sounds better to you

You don't need somebody else to tell you what one is faster for you and which ones sound better to you. It's best just to try it all. I've been lucky enough to spend time with both of them and i found that for me in particular Akai won the battle on both fronts. It may be different for you.
gosh
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gosh »

optician to the rescue 8) thanks for the clarification dude!

torque is right - what's best for you is what's best. it's different for everyone.
nrjizer
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nrjizer »

Torque wrote:At the end of the day it comes down to 2 factors:
What is faster to use
and what sounds better to you

You don't need somebody else to tell you what one is faster for you and which ones sound better to you. It's best just to try it all. I've been lucky enough to spend time with both of them and i found that for me in particular Akai won the battle on both fronts. It may be different for you.
Indeed, which is why I always get cold feet before springing for any new gear. But you can never be 100% certain, just mostly sure. And I can't say I've regretted any past gear purchases.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

i know this sounds silly... but would you be able to create all your sequences in ableton live and then bring them over to the mpc later?

so it would be easier to recreate a liveset etc.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

hydrogen wrote:i know this sounds silly... but would you be able to create all your sequences in ableton live and then bring them over to the mpc later?

all midi basically, isn't it?
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Robot Criminal wrote:
hydrogen wrote:i know this sounds silly... but would you be able to create all your sequences in ableton live and then bring them over to the mpc later?

all midi basically, isn't it?
yeh... but like a midi dump into the mpc. leave the laptop at home. :)
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest