:)
lauschpegel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lauschpegel »

+1
the cocka hola company is great!

I just read palahniuks rant.
its my favorite book at the moment. completely insane and unpredictable story, brilliant style of writing and its very funny..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rant_%28novel%29
bleepbleep
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bleepbleep »

clubfoot wrote:
bleepbleep wrote:Currently reading "norwegian wood" by Haruki Murakami. Alittle more "grounded" than some of his other books but probably one of my favourite murakami books so far.
I think that's the one I was reading, but stopped. I don't like his writing style. Way too descriptive - everything is too perfect in it. No-one gets annoyed, accidents don't happen, buses aren't late. It's like some idyllic TV-advert set. Hmm, not for me I guess.
Thats actually what I really like about his writing (it being really descriptive) I love the way he describes ordinary things happening in the book, like the character doing his washing or the way he always vividly describes what the characters are eating.

It is a rather slow book though I must say, I read about half, stopped then picked it up again a few weeks later.

The next book i'm about to start reading is called "content" by Cory Doctorow, he's a pretty interesting guy and is really into copyright and open source publishing, the book (like all his books) is a free ebook.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Biography of Steve Jobs. Came with the weekend edition of my favorite paper :) Last week was Obama's bio, next weeks Mohammed Sarkozy, Ali, Hitler, Rupert Murdoch, Fidel Castro, Bernard Madoff,... so pretty interesting.
soumam
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by soumam »

On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen
-Harold McGee

Excellent book about the nature of our food, where it comes from, the science behind preparing it, professional tips for preparing dishes, thousand year old recipes etc. It's really more of a textbook and is probably meant to be used as reference, but it's really fascinating to flip through. I guess what really gets me is that cooking is basically hard science that people "figured out" over thousands of years. Highly recommended if you're into cooking.
L_gic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by L_gic »

something for my British Literature class

English Romantic Poetry: An Anthology
edited by Stanley Appelbaum
Remember. There is no box.
funkpro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by funkpro »

William Gibson - Neuromancer Trilogy

Just finished Michel Houellebecq - The Possibility of an Island

And before i read Junot Diaz - The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

Quite good stuff, all of em....
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

Complete works of the most romantic of all romantics, aka Novalis!

Damn it's divine.