Loveletters from Oslo

- open
TMCM
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TMCM »

Roqqert wrote:But i see my vinyl shop growing... they expand the vinyl to the cd's department because of short of space :)
itunes, beatport, etc.
no wonder this neverending vinyl vs mp3 discussion doesn't cover cds.
coffee makes you happy... except when it messes you up.
Twitter Last.FM Facebook
colinz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by colinz »

didnt read the last 2-3 pages because it was getting quite repetitive.

my 2 cents... i hope and truly believe labels die out before vinyl does ;-)

by then, the business has left the bizz and only music will count.

please dont respond, because i know the the wannabe business men and money makers will feel offended.
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

Angel_Colinz wrote:
please dont respond, because i know the the wannabe business men and money makers will feel offended.
You are a wanker! Please don't respond, because I know you will feel offended.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Angel_Colinz wrote:didnt read the last 2-3 pages because it was getting quite repetitive.

my 2 cents... i hope and truly believe labels die out before vinyl does ;-)

by then, the business has left the bizz and only music will count.

wannabe communist ;)
it's very naive to think that music (on a professional level that is) will find its way to a large audience without labels. Not to mention that most artists will not be able to live of their music.
You hopeless romantic 8)
colinz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by colinz »

dude, i'm a clairvoyant

anyway, thanks for your respect ... ill go on and swear at everyone who pisses me off via the keyboard and feel fuggin cool afterwards.

besides being a real communist, the only thing that the digital domain offers is making labels and the industrie unnecessary ;)
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

if you read a bit better you'd see that

A. you were the one calling people (label owners) names. It's an absolute insult to tell little independent label owners that what they do is just trying to grab money, while most of these people probably invest a lot more time and money into music and in helping other people than big mouth "free internet" boasters like you will ever do. I know a lot of people behind labels and I know a lot of them (including me) are using the money from their regular jobs to pay for pressing records or promo for their artists etc. Personally I spent 4000 euro of my own money last year on the label, got a few artists a residency at a club and spent all my free time promoting them. Can you say the same? It's easy to sit on your ass and slag off other people, rather then taking risk and doing something yourself.

B. you should try to figure out what smileys mean and see that I wasn't disrespecting you. Unless you think it's disrespectful to disagree with you. If that's what you think, well, since you're clearvoyant you probably already know what I will do once I've stopped typing this.
colinz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by colinz »

a. stop moaning or STOP doing it. and how the fugg do you know how much time, energy AND money i put into music? i dont come up with big figures like you showing off, anyway its way off topic.

b. i actually was refering to the guy who posted before you

but to be honest, when your investing sweat & tears like you said, then i was totally not adressing you. thats the "you-dont-need-label-no-more-ness" i was talking about. heres a smiley for you :D
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Yes, because this hasn't been debated and gone over and over and over to the death. If something, mnml.nl will kill vinyl. End of it.