NAMM 2010 starts today! > Serato 2.0 and Ableton collab

- open
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

I think there will be like 5% of people who own this that can actually do something worth listening too.

It also looks very difficult to use, not impressed by it atm and I was looking forward to see what this would be like.
miles
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by miles »

i wished they had made a serato plugin inside ableton. so you could put your effect racks on serato channels in ableton. the ableton gui looks much nicer.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I must admit that I'm not too impressed. Still happy that I switched to Traktor Scratch Pro some months ago.
Daniel Logikal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Daniel Logikal »

I'm not judging it until I use it, but I for one _do_ like the simple look of the Serato screen, keeps true to the original.
diego vega
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by diego vega »

Guys, don't forget this is only the beginning of the collaboration... there will be more to come!
cmc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cmc »

patrick bateman wrote:I must admit that I'm not too impressed. Still happy that I switched to Traktor Scratch Pro some months ago.
not particularly impressed either, compared to what traktor seems to offer performance-wise... but when you switched, did you find that it took a while to get used to reading the screen? I must admit I've grown to depend on serato's high contrast and large text when playing... especially for longer sets and where there's more drinking involved.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

cmc wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:I must admit that I'm not too impressed. Still happy that I switched to Traktor Scratch Pro some months ago.
not particularly impressed either, compared to what traktor seems to offer performance-wise... but when you switched, did you find that it took a while to get used to reading the screen? I must admit I've grown to depend on serato's high contrast and large text when playing... especially for longer sets and where there's more drinking involved.
You are right. After having used Serato in 2-3 years and being very used to the big text and high contrast screen, I find it a bit hard to have switched to the Traktor screen... (as you say, especially long distance reading and when alcohol is a factor too).
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

cmc wrote:
you can change the txt size and font easily to something bigger. Browser settings menu I think.
Anyway, not much happening at Namm this year, compared to previous editions where you heard of new gizmos constantly. Crisis year?