- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

quality > quantity

for sure!

i have a hard enough time doing a monthly mix...i would imagine keeping a weekly one consistent would not be easy without some very dedicated people involved.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

chrisdisco wrote:
Rookas wrote:well i meant is it a normal podcast regular , like every week , 2 weeks, month? actually im very sad when nice podcasts start and they just stop at number 10 or something (orcourse 10 is better than none, but anyway you get the idea)
but do you have any idea how much energy and time goes into each mix for a podcast? it is such a big commitment. and right now, there is an absolute flood of mixes. i am not sure why we need more, more, more.

what i really like about this is that it is a new series that actually has a new concept.
chris i know what you mean thats what bad with podcasts that they are not constant, im actually trying to say that it would be nice to have once in a month or something , because then you can keep up and put quality over quantity. i love the concept really and something like a year after they would tell the names of the djs or something like that , it would keep the discussions going and make you wanna come back.
as with your mnmlssg , its a hell to wait , no posting nothing (even the twitter is kinda out now), but when you get something ohhhh thats a treat. when i know that podcast is coming on that i keep refreshing like mad :))) its very sad you have to(?) stop because you know the stuff around these things very good you have connections you are an expert (to me) and you LOVE what youre doing , there's nice concept around mnmlssg and thats why i dont want it to end. same here.
i wish you alot of inspiration and luck both of you.
its just mine opinion nothing personal
its all about the rhythm
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

Thanks for the support guys !

There certainly will be more mixes to come and I hope it will provide an interesting guessing game as to who is behind each in the series, as well as the direction these mixes are going to take.

Hopefully the focus on the artists and people behind the scenes making this interesting music will really interest people and help them to make sense of navigating the minefield of beatport, juno, itunes, the myspace noise of everyone trying to sell their latest release and which djs are supporting it. And that's even before you come to the good stuff like the independant stockists and distro's with the real deal as it were (hardwax, boomkat, dub-a-dub, ds2, I could go on all day...)

It's become almost mandatory to state which djs support your music when it's released and I'm not going to mock that or say it doesn't have it's place, but it kinda reminds me of that jimmy cliff film 'the harder they come'

"I tell the Deejay what to play"

If you haven't seen that film - you should ;)

Anyway - yeah, more to come and if anyone has anything which they would like to see reviewed that fits into the sphere of what we're trying to present - hit us up !

graphitenorth [at] gmail [dot] com
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

Rookas wrote:
chrisdisco wrote:
Rookas wrote:well i meant is it a normal podcast regular , like every week , 2 weeks, month? actually im very sad when nice podcasts start and they just stop at number 10 or something (orcourse 10 is better than none, but anyway you get the idea)
but do you have any idea how much energy and time goes into each mix for a podcast? it is such a big commitment. and right now, there is an absolute flood of mixes. i am not sure why we need more, more, more.

what i really like about this is that it is a new series that actually has a new concept.
chris i know what you mean thats what bad with podcasts that they are not constant, im actually trying to say that it would be nice to have once in a month or something , because then you can keep up and put quality over quantity. i love the concept really and something like a year after they would tell the names of the djs or something like that , it would keep the discussions going and make you wanna come back.
as with your mnmlssg , its a hell to wait , no posting nothing (even the twitter is kinda out now), but when you get something ohhhh thats a treat. when i know that podcast is coming on that i keep refreshing like mad :))) its very sad you have to(?) stop because you know the stuff around these things very good you have connections you are an expert (to me) and you LOVE what youre doing , there's nice concept around mnmlssg and thats why i dont want it to end. same here.
i wish you alot of inspiration and luck both of you.
its just mine opinion nothing personal
thanks for your thoughts... i have mixed feelings about finishing our series, but i think it is almost time. we have at least another 5 or 6 mixes, so dont worry, more on the way. when the mixes finish, it will give us some space to try to do other things, and present music in different ways or a new kind of mix series. i dont know. but it is very encouraging for me that other people are trying to do push something worthwhile and innovative, like this series.

i am looking forward to seeing how it develops. and it would be nice to see the name of the DJ announced in time. if there are new DJs i should be following, i like to know who they are too.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

yes that was the same what i was thinking just to know what to watch out for you know:)
chris you could try that with the next mixes revealing it with tracklist :)

oh and the mix itself is nice so techy as i want it but that blending between styles was nice in here and fited my mood nicely while walking down the market.
its all about the rhythm
codix
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by codix »

thix mix sounds like a great start for a great project!

love the mix - waiting for the next to follow.

respect and greetz!
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

full support from me as well, for what it's worth of course :D

fresh ideas with good music are always welcome.