Hardware acquisition advice

- open
miles
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by miles »

if you dont want (or can) spend more money, i would recommend you to go the digital route. something like an uc-33e or bcr2000 and an audio 2 dj interface from ni.

if you want to spin vinyl save for some technics. they last forever and you find them in every club around the world.
cgonz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cgonz »

prussell wrote:
alexluci wrote:Thx guys for your answers so far...you've really changed my mind...i was also hoping for some technics but my budget doesn't really help to much...i've only got for now only about 300 euros...i guess i'll just need to have a little patience and not get hasty :)...
i also vote to save for the used Technics.
dunno what they go for in your neck of the woods, but in the US you can get a pair of used 1200s for $300 (or less, occasionally), just by patiently shopping around Craigslist, eBay, etc.
better to go with a cheaper mixer for the short-term, and upgrade that later if you care to (IMO).

the 1200s are built like tanks, and will last you forever thanks to the amount of replaceable parts.
the resale value on them also holds quite well...you should be able to resell them for nominal or zero loss.
the above statements are not true of belt-drives.
I would say that you should get a used pair ASAP. The price on new ones went up a few months ago and I think they just went up again. I'm talking like new ones are going for around $800 a piece!

So before people become aware of that fact, you might want to jump on the opportunity to get some used ones before those go up in price and demand.
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

Here, new 1200s are $639.00 & 1210s are $749.00. At Guitar Center & Sam Ash.

I definitely agree to save up & grab a pair of used or new Technics. They're well worth the investment & last forever.
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

fck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO MAD RIGHT NOW!!
yesterday checked ebay and watched some items (not too carefully obviously) and today I wake up, log in and WHAM - Bidding has ended

Pair of Technics 1210 M3D - $410 !!

feeling like such a loooooser right now :cry:
this price is un-fucking believable (ok now I hope it was a scam lol)

sry for the rant :cry:
Last edited by Robot Criminal on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
miles
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by miles »

for that price i would buy 4 of them... here in germany you can't get one technics for that price.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

miles wrote:for that price i would buy 4 of them... here in germany you can't get one technics for that price.
In here you can't get half technics for that :(
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
alexluci
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by alexluci »

well i made up my mind with the help of u guys and i have decided to wait a little longer to save some money for a pair of used technics...where i live(Romania) the price of both is around 600-700 euros so i guess i will have to buy them from e-bay or something like that :)
anyway thx guys for all your help