My minimal techo masterpiece! Sion - Liudis

- music
Sionio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

My minimal techo masterpiece! Sion - Liudis

Post by Sionio »

Hey guys, well I've been working with ableton for like 1.5 months or so and two years ago I was playing with reason for some time, so decided to make music again :)
Here is my new quite decent track called "Liudis" It consist of minimal beat loop and a bassline and some sample voice sounds... I learned to make these sounds myself by using mic... I think you wouldnt like idea that i used loops but i really suck at producing drums :) So maybe some help would be very nice!
Myself personally I really like this track dont know about you waiting for feedback and critics!!! Hope you like it!! I think you should be able to download it from soundcloud!

http://soundcloud.com/sion-1/sion-liudi ... inimal-mix

update. I reuploaded my track coz it wasnt available anymore :)
Last edited by Sionio on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XIII NRV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by XIII NRV »

Hi there .
Like the style, but the kick doesn't pop out as it should in this type of techno.
I don't like the piched down vocals as well :?
Except that if you work a bit on it, it can be very decent techno track ! I'd play it in my sets :)
(oh and maybe a wi too much reverb ...)
Bye ! !
Sionio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Sionio »

hey! thanks for feed back, perhaps I should increase sidechaining for all chanels! But I will leave pitched down vocals it was my vision
;)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

it's not my cup of tea but your got way to much reverb in there.
Kozak
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Kozak »

Nice track!

Reverb is indeed too much on these tracks, make it a little bit more subtle.

Nice pecussion!

Nice ambiance!
sanmal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sanmal »

Really don't like the straigth bassline, the sound or the line. sounds cheap. I like the vocals though, and the clicks and little sounds. Maybe cut down on the reverb, like said before, or cut some lows and mids from the reverb channel to make it brighter and thinner. The "biuuuuu" sound doesn't work for me at all. good rhytmic drive after breakdown.

peace
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.
- Marcus Brigstocke
Roqqert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Roqqert »

to me this could be a club banger.. get rid of the verbs ... and and the bitcrusher on that kick. Arrange it a bit better and you got a hit imo

edit : i like the straight flow. It might sound 'cheap', but in this track it really works so what the f...
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Oh come on, what is it with the laziness of people these days...

If you listen to the drum loop, it really isn't too complicated to figure out that it is the typical electronic music drum setup, ie. kick-hat-kick&snap-hat repeat repeat repeat.

The track is alright, you should have more control over your effects, they seem to be going all over the place. Also, you could try cleaning up the sounds a little bit, like some of the samples make it sound very rough.

Pretty good for so little practice though. Keep working at it.