mnml newbie

Post by ams »

:lol: :lol: that's a good one
monokreck
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by monokreck »

ok ok ok.........

what can I say, while Closer To The Edit was an eyeopener for me into a new world called minimal techno, this cd doesn't make me warm or cold, I think that's due to the fact that the music on it has no secrets for me anymore...
it's a dark trip of well and less known minimal techno tracks ripped and cut together, not quite as interesting as closer to the edit, but still a pleasure to listen to.
where is the funk Richie ?!?
I expected a lot more, but maybe I couldn't expect more of this, as the music is not longer new to me, and he is not longer the only one bringing this sound.

It's a must have offcourse, but it will be forgotten on a day, something which is impossible to think about Closer To The Edit...

by the way the end is soooooo beautifull !!!

Richie is still doing it... still one step ahead and that must not be forgotten.
www.monokreck.com / www.mnmldjs.com
o my god, it's techno music !
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

It sounds like "Closer to the Edit" was one of the first major Richie experiences for you. Music can be like drugs, nothing will ever match up to that first experience until you find something new. I felt a similar way (though not quite as much) when the very first DE9 cd came out. That CD opened my eyes up even wider to something I knew was kind of available. I still think the first CD probably has the most impact on me, but I thought this one was very good. Some sections are kind of standard minimal, but some parts are truly amazing. The DVD is also very different and much better.

And it does sound cheesy/cliche/stoner-ish, but a good joint, beer, or whatever will definitely make the mix sound a million times better and bring some new sh!t to light.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

So alot of the europeans have this, i haven't seen this in the States yet. I plan on purchasing the cd whenever it comes out. I mean c'mon its a Richie cd!
AbstraKt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by AbstraKt »

adam wrote:Anyone suggest a place to order this around Canada or even the US? Few people I know really want to pick it up. Myself included of course..
Try HMV in Toronto or their website under Amazon.ca. They've had cd since the 18th of Oct.
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
- Plato -

"Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things. "
-Denis Diderot-
AbstraKt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by AbstraKt »

I like how he's trying merge the pace (or sounds) for the clubs with the experimental (you can have you cake and it too). A range from glitch, atmospheric, vocals and jazz all very lush. There is good spectrum of sounds and a nice balance of melodic tracks in his programing (highs and lows).

It's an idea of a DJ mix compilation on another level using technology. I think he's quite the innovator.

The dvd format has the full 96min mix already in MP3 format.
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
- Plato -

"Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things. "
-Denis Diderot-
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

Pre ordered mine today from Play.com in the UK. Only £12.99 instead of £15.99 INC postage and packing! This is the best example of of a way to stop people just downloading stuff. He's put all the thought and effort into creating not just a mix but one in 5.1 with dvd accompaniment and bonus extras like interviews and live footage all in one handy package! All credit to Rich!
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

You got ripped mate, it´s only 9.99 on amazon.co.uk, 11.74 inluding postage. Bargain!