- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Gamble Gamble Gamble Gamble

Post by patrick bateman »

hydrogen wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
hydrogen wrote:Betting $100 that this announcement involves new hardware.
That would be a bit crazy since it's such a short time since Serato launched their sl3 box...
Perhaps, but it sounds like even better timing to me. The SL3 was long over due. Maybe it will be compatible only with the sl3.
That would make more sense IMO.
be~~
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by be~~ »

seems like a bit of a step back in time but i imagine it will help ableton to diversify and increase market share and profits, and help serato to compete with traktor final scratch.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

be~~ wrote:seems like a bit of a step back in time but i imagine it will help ableton to diversify and increase market share and profits, and help serato to compete with traktor final scratch.
well i have the feeling that already more people are using serato than traktor
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Kiani wrote:
be~~ wrote:seems like a bit of a step back in time but i imagine it will help ableton to diversify and increase market share and profits, and help serato to compete with traktor final scratch.
Really, I have the opposite feeling, especially after traktor pro 3 and all the big stars started using traktor instead of serato.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

patrick bateman wrote:
Kiani wrote:
Really, I have the opposite feeling, especially after traktor pro 3 and all the big stars started using traktor instead of serato.
i have to say, I'm not that into the whole digital DJ'ing, so probably some others will know it better, but since last summer, I hear people talking about Serato and that they just bought it or are going to buy it much more frequently than about Traktor. I even thought Serato had become the standard, but again, I'm on vinyl so I don't know that much about it
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

[quote="patrick bateman"][quote="Kiani"][quote="be~~"]seems like a bit of a step back in time but i imagine it will help ableton to diversify and increase market share and profits, and help serato to compete with traktor final scratch.[/quote]

well i have the feeling that already more people are using serato than traktor[/quote]

Really, I have the opposite feeling, especially after traktor pro 3 and [b]all the big stars started using traktor instead of serato[/b].[/quote]

i thought they all played vinyl, Villalobos, Vath, Dettmann... actually there probably are more big names playing serato and traktor.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

patrick bateman wrote:
Kiani wrote:
i thought they all played vinyl, Villalobos, Vath, Dettmann... actually there probably are more big names playing serato and traktor.
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

Kiani wrote:
In the US, yes, but in Europe Traktor is more popular than Serato by far.
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de