Fulltime to Part time for the music!!

- ask away
kwality
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kwality »

I've always found that the busier I am, the better work I do. I think it's got something to do with the hunger, and of wanting to make it count.

By all means, do what you have to do to make music, but make sure you don't lose your mojo!

I work with computers all day too, so I bought an mpc for my setup and it's worked a treat. Make sure you excercise enough, that always seems to help making music.

Good luck with the part time change!
bip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bip »

if you intend to do party (more promoting job), then you should have a part time job without responsibilities

if you are more into music production look for a job without stress that allows you to go home soon in the evening

good luck
...::::....::::....::::...
Edward_Molton
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Edward_Molton »

The best advice I can give is to make a list of all your costs and then conclude how much money you need to live. Some people need more money to live than others. For example it's easier when you live at your parents place, pay no rent,... If you know how much you spend a month then you can look for a job that make sure that you will get enough money.

I like people who take the risk of following their dream rather than take the life that every one expects.

Good luck!
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote: music can be quite consuming and is a very shallow persute really.
then you arent a musician if you can say that.

without music the world would be totally fucked, instead of just about totally fucked.

to utopian82;

go for it bro !!!
you'll never regret it.
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:Dont forget to find time to meet a nice girl
do those still exist?.. :roll:
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Luis Isaac wrote:I can tell you about my life experience. I work at nights and my schedule is one week working and two free weeks. That's a big amount of free time to produce music. Then my life is like a rollercoaster because I dont make music during one week (fustrated) and then I try to do as much I can in my free weeks (anxious with music). I learned that is always better to have a balance and work less amount of total hours in total but continuity.
what do you do? your job sounds ideal for me, 2 weeks off for every 1 weeks work is just the thing i want. i'd get a lot more music done then having to work 4 hours a day for 5 or 6 days a week.
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

i work for an art school in Chicago and am currently enjoying 6 weeks off for winter break :)

i'd say get a job at a college if you are qualified cause its stable and easy going most of the time. i have some friends in the corporate rut and i don't think they're very happy people
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Brankis wrote:i have some friends in the corporate rut and i don't think they're very happy people
8)
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest