- wax
henry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[Rekluse010] Electric Rescue - From London To Paris EP

Post by henry »

"Electric Rescue - From London To Paris EP"
..out now at Beatport (12" coming soon)

12 months ago Rekluse was gearing up for it's first release, Umek - 2nd To None went on to do big things and since then there's been a steady stream of exciting quality electronic music, showing the label to have a unique soundscape and musical vision. Leaning towards the techno side of things but always trying to keep it a little upbeat, celebratory, and noisy! In fact music perfect for the big sound-systems and the DJs that pump them across the world.

It's not only been a big 2009 for Rekluse, Antoine Husson aka Electric Rescue has released on Harthouse, Analytictrail, AFU Limited and his own Skyrptom label but it was his Darkest Star EP on Sven Vaths' Cocoon that really did the damage, with the 'A' side becoming a mainstay in Sven's sets throughout the summer, with him even including it on recent "Sounds of the 10th Season" CD.

Title track "From London To Paris" carefully and delicately spends 5 minutes tiptoeing around and intricately weaving the foundations for it's mega breakdown, easing that hook inside your mind, before letting rip and completely rocking the place, as it has done during thorough road testings at the regular Skryptom label parties at Rex Club, Paris.

"Paris In August" is a melodic, hypnotic, feel good trip, that does it's best to conjure up images of the French capital in the hot season when surprisingly out of no-where delivers a real boom moment that makes this track so special.

"London '89" rounds off the EP by taking things back with a stripped down, dark and dirty acid track showing a different side to Electric Rescue. This simple yet highly effective track grinds all the way through, keeping things bare and essential and letting the acid and the baseline do the talking, in some places quite literally...

To listen to the full EP head to the Rekluse Facebook, Myspace or Soundcloud.

Reactions
Laurent Garnier - "Niiiice"
Umek - "Will play for sure!!!!"
Danny Tenaglia - "Paris In August - thanxx!"
Stephan Bodzin - "YEAH!!! london 89!! i ve been there ;-)"
Hell - - "London 89 is great !!!"
Slam - "Nice skippy techno"
Tom Findlay (Groove Armada) - "Paris in august, nice driving track lots of twists and turns"
Christian Smith - "I quite like "paris in aug"...will give it a try this wekeend."
Mauro Picotto - "Paris In August - downloaded"
Stacey Pullen - "Paris is august is my fav!"
Anderson Noise - "Paris In August - download!!!"
Meat Katie - "Paris in August for me... love it!!"
Nihil Young - "In love with the bassline on London '89 and with the groove on Paris in August. Great release, will defo support it on Ibiza Global Radio and belt it around :-)"
Justin Robertson - "Love it deep and chunky"
Dave Robertson (Reset Robot) - "From london to paris is pretty good guys. will try it out."
Psycatron (Planet E / Tronic) - "Really really good. full support"
Alan Fitzpatrick - "Like the acid track, old skool!"
Timmy Stewart (Jet Project) - "More solid as big room tackle that i've come to expect from the label. London 89 hitting the spot for me. Diggin the acid line and vocal, nice retro feel to it. Gona try it out over the festive period."
Max Cooper (Traum) - "London to Paris is a goodun thanks, support from me."
Greg Churchill - "Loving these, and Paris In August absolutely smashed the floor. FULL SUPPORT"
Bigger Than Jesus - "Naughty shenanigans top drawer!!!full support :)"
Mark Kavanagh (Irish Daily Star) - "Adore the old skool vibes of the London 89 track. Does exactly what is say on the tin superbly and gets you reaching for your smiley face t-shirt. Aciiiiied! The From London to Paris track will doubtless be huge as it has the right level of nuttiness going off throughout it. 8/10 for the package as a whole."

Myspace
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
henry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by henry »

Last week Carl Cox named Rekluse as one of his labels of 2009 and showcased it during The Global Lowdown part of his show... UK listeners can check out the show in the KISS player until the next Global show tonight, link and tracklist below...

"Thanks to everyone for all your support over the last 10 releases, lots more planned for 2010 so see you then, all the best for the new year, Henry Von & Fergie"

The Global Lowdown: Rekluse

Erphun - Tu Sueno (Mr. Henry Von Remix)

Matt Cooper - The Swinger (Original mix)

Umek - 2nd To None (Tomy DeClerque Remix)

Loco and Jam - Medua (Original Mix)

Simon Stokes and Mr Copy - Snaffle

Click here to listen now (UK only)

Carl Cox's Global (episode 355) will be available to listen to from the radio section of www.carlcox.com in a couple of weeks for those not located in the UK.