Interesting article about the demise of underground music

- open
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

man seriously, i laughed a little bit

a text is written most of the time in a specific context

maybe you read again and try to understand what i was trying to say not put my post under "another Villalobos fanatic" and write some stuff that has nothing to do with the whole discussion.

i didnt want to say, ricardo is some not known underground DJ. And i tried really hard to bring this much through my post
Themis wrote:ok he is noway underground, .....

..... of course no matter what he do, he is far away from underground and possible never can go back ..
i think all what you tried to say is, he is not underground and fucking famous? oh really ..

but i lay it out for you no problem

in easy words, i was trying to say that also a very famous DJ like Ricardo has in mind, that if he lean into this internet thing too much, it would end with loosing this little bit of underground touch he has still left (and with that i mean there is a difference between him and some guy who sell tshirts and twitter every track he plays), and he definitly likes. This much you should know if you read any interviews.

so its not about what he is right now, its about what he wants to be. Like the Article is about what the people want.

So it dont matter if there are 54 beatport remixes of ricardo, or every month there is on one of the million pages a 5 minute interview.

the article is also about people who want underground and dont get it any more. And also many DJs want it for themself.

even so you havent understood my intentions, you got one thing right, as you pointed out with your "facts" that should prove me totally wrong - he maybe will loose this fight or has already lost it.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

And then there is the possibility that a true musical underground, in the archaic sense, could only really exist if it was offline. But that seems utterly beyond imagining, doesn't it?
This person is either joking or spending way too much time on the net.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

yeah name a musical genre or artwork which is not in a way on the internet discussed, or possible to download.

for me its definitly beyond imagination that there is some secret underground music where i get 0 hits on google if i type the name in.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

for me its definitly beyond imagination that there is some secret underground music where i get 0 hits on google if i type the name in.

Oh well.

There is like... lots of people in the world that don't have the internet, artists too... talented ones you will never hear about becauuuuse? Because?

Because... you won't find it on the fuking net, exactly... and there is nothing beyond the net for many people (like you it seems).

This article is so right up it's own arse it's not even funny.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

you take it word for word man ha?

yeah of course there is something beyond the net.

but seriously its nothing that has any impact on our lives here ... cause would it have any impact on some people in europe it would be on the net in seconds .. thats the whole point here. We communicate through the net. If you say there is something beyond the internet than it would mean its something we dont communicate about. And thats simply beyond imagination for europeans ...
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i saw this guy playing bongo's on the london underground.
i didn't stop to ask if he had a myspace.
maybe next time
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i try to translate the sentence from the article cause obviously many people get it wrong.

he means that its beyond imagination that an underground scene (more than one human) exists and people come together and celebrate there kind of music, a music that nowhere else exist, and its not in a way on the internet.

So if me and my friend play guitar, thats neither an underground scene nor a special kind of music which is nowhere else than in my room. Also is the bongo player with no myspace in london not an underground scene. If you google Bongo im certain you get a lot of results and also get into a scene which love this music.

so dont get confused, the writer dont meant there is no one in the world making music without a myspace page.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

tone-def wrote:i saw this guy playing bongo's on the london underground...
:lol: :lol:
Did you make a scene?
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...