How has your taste progressed?

- open
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

Marcus Stork wrote:Im starting to buy and play more old Techno now than a few years ago. Yesterday i was listening to alot of awesome Kanzleramt releases and stuff from Damon Wild and Steve Stoll from the mid / late 90´s. I know that i will play some of that sh!t during the coming weekend parties. But pitched down a bit.. :)
ah yes those were the days. or old fumiya tanaka on the torema label. or old dj slip or ... or ... ahhh that was what i call minimal techno :D

for myself, i started with plastikman, evolved to more harder acid, then hard techno, after that deeper and deeper, almost deep house, and now i'm back with the deep and trippy stuff like plastikman. i've made my circle ;)
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Marcus Stork wrote:Im starting to buy and play more old Techno now than a few years ago. Yesterday i was listening to alot of awesome Kanzleramt releases and stuff from Damon Wild and Steve Stoll from the mid / late 90´s. I know that i will play some of that sh!t during the coming weekend parties. But pitched down a bit.. :)
Kanzleramt is pretty amazing. Used to be a label that made it to each and every one of my sets. And even now I still re-dicover them from time to time :)
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

Crashed Candies!!! Love that record. Dj Slip had some great ones on that label.

Damon Wilds is sick, I used to buy Synewave stuff religiously in the 90's.
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

Evad Streaklov wrote:
ah yes those were the days. or old fumiya tanaka on the torema label. or old dj slip or ... or ... ahhh that was what i call minimal techno :D

for myself, i started with plastikman, evolved to more harder acid, then hard techno, after that deeper and deeper, almost deep house, and now i'm back with the deep and trippy stuff like plastikman. i've made my circle ;)
Exactly my story.
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
patcha
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by patcha »

recently i discovered artists like STL and similar sounds, still evolving;)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

STL is one of my favorites. i'll be liking that stuff in years to come.
milano6600
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by milano6600 »

I went from this:
Crookers - knobbers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8la8vhlXas8

to this being my favorite Track ever!
Rhythim Is Rhythim - Strings of Life (Original Mix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcVdg3aZjGE
ywwg
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ywwg »

Evad Streaklov wrote: for myself, i started with plastikman, evolved to more harder acid, then hard techno, after that deeper and deeper, almost deep house, and now i'm back with the deep and trippy stuff like plastikman. i've made my circle ;)
I think my musical tastes can be summed up in the first two CDs I ever bought for myself:
  • Rave 'Till Dawn
  • Consumed
Come for the tacky sh!t, stay for the amazing minimalism. I only started DJing this year (thanks, netlabels subforum!), but that pattern seems to bear out every time I mix.