mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

+1 on Marvid's comment.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

Marvid wrote:don't bother myself with anything digital as I can't even have all the cherries in the vinyl garden ;)
+1 :)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

patrick bateman wrote:I don't agree at all. Lot's of great music coming out constantly and lot's of great music with great sound.
Of course there are also music coming out that you can hear wasn't through a mastering guy, and that's just pure shitness, but I still find that this only applies to small bedroom labels.
at the moment i find much more interesting stuff on netlabels than on most regular labels. i still prefer something brillant unmastered, than boring mastered tracks.
a good unmastered track can be mastered, but a poor one... stays poor
it is a little like with women: a bad dressed beauty can just go for some shopping and be nice... an elegant uglyness stays ugly :|

music is not an exact science, so this don't apply to all labels and netlabels, i mean, there are also poor netlabels and great labels
it is just a tendence that i, personally, notice
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

sometimes i think if i didn't buy so much music i'd have an amazing studio by now.

but i enjoy listening to music just as much as i do making it.
Pettro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Pettro »

produce the music you want to hear and play it.
daniellesniewski
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by daniellesniewski »

Marvid wrote: Just take some time off, do something not connected with music/DJing and you'll see how it starts to attract you again - real lover never dies!
+1

sometimes i become restless with mixing, like i don't feel the vibe of the tracks i have from when i first bought them. i know now just to take a break and just listen to other stuff for a while. i always come crawling back to what i have tho :)
ParanoidDancer
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by ParanoidDancer »

daniellesniewski wrote:
Marvid wrote: Just take some time off
+1
I agree. Like the term "DJ-burnout" mentioned above. They happen especially when I've been into a really good DJing flow and all of the sudden you feel like you can't find anything that suites your taste or you can't seem to put them together to make a cohesive set.

How to get over it is quite personal I think. I like to browse some stuff from about two years back and see if I can get inspiration from that. It just takes time.

DJ-ing is a constant journey, a struggle if you will for a perfect set within the context your playing. An unreachable destination. That's why sometimes you seem to be moving away from that destination.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

listen to non-electronic music.

go see a live show, a live drummer, live bass guitar...

repeat..