Live & Logic

- ask away
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

I recently stop ableton for logic. I really love the logic instruments and sound quality. Its really better than live (for me). But logic its not really nice for the writing. Personnaly I totaly dislike to write the patterns and each instruments with a pen on my screen. Live got a really nice system, you can reacord every instruments channels with a controller and play the track, in same time recording.

So now create all my instruments with logic, I do some loops and I bounce them on wav format, then I put all my wav files in live and record the track. anf after I take the mp3 made by live and I put it on logic and I do a mastering, logic is really nice for it.

Sorry for my english, hope that can help you.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

ewinz wrote:I recently stop ableton for logic. I really love the logic instruments and sound quality. Its really better than live (for me). But logic its not really nice for the writing. Personnaly I totaly dislike to write the patterns and each instruments with a pen on my screen. Live got a really nice system, you can reacord every instruments channels with a controller and play the track, in same time recording.

So now create all my instruments with logic, I do some loops and I bounce them on wav format, then I put all my wav files in live and record the track. anf after I take the mp3 made by live and I put it on logic and I do a mastering, logic is really nice for it.

Sorry for my english, hope that can help you.
:shock:

don't do that! mp3 is sh!t! use wav

also you can play notes in to logic via a midi controller.
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

that's indeed not very handy in any way, you can use rewire to use ableton's signal you want in logic and record or whatever. be careful what you do on the master channel know what you're doing, you can ruin many things just telling..

just keep in mind dont bounce a copy of a copy it's silly.. plus forget about mp3 and always use wav or aif when producing, the size is less important than sound quality.
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

I tell mp3 just to say audio format, but mp3 its my final final bounce. I know I can play notes with logic but, you cant record a track with the same technic as live. Its like reason, you have to write patterns. Hihat start a 1.30, bass stop a 2,....
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

what
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

ewinz wrote:I tell mp3 just to say audio format, but mp3 its my final final bounce. I know I can play notes with logic but, you cant record a track with the same technic as live. Its like reason, you have to write patterns. Hihat start a 1.30, bass stop a 2,....
so your saying live writes patterns for you?
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

I saying, I can play the track (press "key" launch bass, drum,...) and record in same time. Logic cannot do that. You have to write your track with a pen you know?
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

create a midi region, zoom in turn on the metronome and loop region press L. then in the region hold apple key for quick draw default, esc for other tools.

edit :recording and playing all possible just not 1click scene rec button, add a audio track to receive. read the manual pherhaps. better to forget the ableto n live way of drawing, make the midi regions as wished to start or stop when you want