HELP USB port physically broken

- ask away
Pettro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

HELP USB port physically broken

Post by Pettro »

I was playing with my BCR2000, I connect it through the USB midi port, unfortunately it fell down while playing and it landed on the USB port and it ripped off. The actual USB port went inside the BCR.
I tried to opened the BCR but it is impossible. I wanted to see if I can solder back the USB port to the BCR, or at least get it out of it, because now is inside and Im afraid it might cause a short because is
touching the internal circuitry.
I have a gig soon and I was thinking that maybe I can use the 5-pin midi out port of the BCR to connect again to my laptop?. But I have no clue about this.
Could it work out that way???. What kind of cable do I need to connect again my BCR to my laptop (dell inspiron) whitout the USB part of the BCR.
I was thinking that maybe 5-Pin DIN to USB ???
I’d appreciate your help!
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

It's probably worth trying to dig out the usb port to prevent a short like you mention, but I'm not an expert on the matter. I doubt the devices were designed with that kind of diy self repair in mind but in theory it would be a simple thing to repair.

you can get a simple midi to usb interface cheaply which will work the same (I'm very sure) as using the usb port on the BCR. or maybe you have a soundcard with midi in/out?
Pettro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Pettro »

Eventhough I take off all the screw off, the thing just doesn't open. I don't have external soundcard. So I guess If I get a 5-pin din round connector (BCR) to USB (laptop) I might be good to go?
I might struggle getting one of those. But I'll try.