Learning about the scene

- open
andy663
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Learning about the scene

Post by andy663 »

I have recently got REALLY into minimal techno and would love to get hold of a book or site or video with loads of information on about the start up of the scene and how its changed over the years. Also somewhere I could maybe listen to a few classic tracks etc.

If anyone knows of such a place or if one even exists I would be made up :D
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

just use the internet dude.
find out what your into and read up on the artists labels, parties etc..

the as your tastes change you learn more etc etc..

Listen to better stuff than minimal though, unless it's like hood or mills etc..

most 'minimal' on beatport etc isn't even worth taking the time to learn about.
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

This site is a good resource for starters. Have a trawl through some of the old pages and have a look at the artist section. You'll find loads of information which will lead you onto further information... You know how the internet works by now...
tomb
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tomb »

Don't know how helpful this would be for 'minimal techno', but definitely some interesting videos on this site, plus a horrible one with Von Oswald

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/vide ... lectures/0
laurens
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by laurens »

well it seems like you are searching for the history of 'the minimal hype' wich is actually not that interesting. minimalistic music tho has been here since many decades and the minimalistic electronic music that sounds as the 'minimal' u may know today has been around since the early 2000's (nineties if u will with plastikman and hood but IMO thats not yet the same sound)
just check out the perlon catalogue and the artists (and their history) related to that and whatever you do avoid the term minimal on beatport ;-)