[Siteholder 14] Billy Dalessandro - Strombooty

- wax
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

thank you to continue to push vinyl forward..

and thanks for the great release.. :!:
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

Title track is rockin.
patcha
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by patcha »

b2 is great:)
Marvid
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Marvid »

Just received the promo and won't give it away anytime soon!
"Speak To Me" really speaks to me ...
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

Hey guys-

Just wanted to let you know that the vinyl has hit the stores.

Hope you get some good use out of this one!
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

Hey b-boys and girls...

This will be available on Beatport tomorrow (Friday, February 12, 2010) along with the Firestar digital exclusive:

Click here
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

Billy Dalessandro – Strombooty EP (SH014) FEEDBACK:

Acid Circus (Droid Behavior) – “Still feeling the jack rhythms in all of these tracks. The deeper pads and washes add a fresh element to the EP. Good work.”

Alland Byallo ([Kontrol] / Nightlight Music / Utensil Recordings) – “I really like the title cut! ‘Speak To Me’ is quite the jam as well. Strong EP!”

Andrew Grant (Barraca Music / Circoloco) – “‘El Tapatio’ is where it’s at like hot butter, say what!?!?”

Anthony Collins (Freak n’ Chic / Highgrade / Vakant) – “Nice, techy grooves.”

Apoll (Neopren / Tongut) – “Cool stuff!”

Bill Patrick (Robots NYC / Weekend Club) – “Yes. Techno. All for it! ‘Strombooty’ ftw!”

Butane (Alphahouse / Crosstown Rebels) – “Hot like the girls in Moscow last weekend.”

Dave Martin (Immigrant / Technique) – “‘Strombooty’ and ‘Firestar’ are the ones for me - thanks for sending guys.”

Dennis Rodgers (Bassmasters) – “These songs are so phat they have to iron their clothes in the driveway.”

Derek Plaslaiko (Spectral Sound / The Bunker) – “‘El Tapatio’ and ‘Firestar’ are the ones for me. Thanks!”

DJ Emerson (Kiddaz.fm / Micro.fon / Sub Static) – “Big Dalessandro fan anyway, but ‘Strombooty’ is lovely chunky tech funk.”

Eric Cloutier (The Bunker) – “‘El Tapatio’ is a beast! Loving the dubby washes and the super funky groove to it.”

Expander (Soniculture) – “These tracks twinkle my buns...can't wait to thank you sweet boys in person...ohhhh yeahhhh!”

FC Shuttle (Rote Sonne / on3radio.de) – “I would love it if Billy, ‘Speaks To Me’ - so I will speak to him. I’ll play it on my radio show tomorrow. Thanks!”

Garnica (Galatika / Trenton) – “I like the B-side tracks…cheers!”

Jeremy Caulfield (Dumb-Unit / Vakant) - “Raw and forward pace for tomorrow…and ever and ever…nice!”
John Clees (Mnml.nl / Redsoul Records) – “Fantastic release, wonderful productions. I really favored ‘Strombooty’ the most. It reminds me of the older (better) productions that had enough head room to let the loop breathe…it’s funky and makes you wiggle. Thank you for pushing vinyl forward.”

Justin Long (Dotbleep / Smart Bar) – “Great EP…well produced! Keep up the good work!”

Konrad Black (Panorama Bar / Wagon Repair) – “Bomb release!”

Mark Henning (Cynosure / Soma Recordings) - “Support! Thanks!”

Moritz von Pein (Platzhirsch) – “Great release!”

Nicolas Duvoisin (Fantastic Friends Recordings / We Are Records) – “‘Speak To Me’ is my favorite, will play it for sure!”

Nikola Baytala (Kontrol / Robsoul) – “‘Firestar’!!!”

Paco Osuna (Drumcode / M_nus / Plus 8) – “Nice tunes!”

Pär Grindvik (Drumcode / Stockholm Ltd.) – “‘Speak To Me’ sounds great! Thanks!”

Paul Corey (209 Radio / Machinesarefunky) – “Excellent release. Exceptional stuff. Love all tracks. Messy, techy stuff which is just how I like it!”

Philip Sherburne (Pitchfork / The Wire) – “Feeling this! Love the freaky dial-tone acrobatics of ‘Strombooty,’ especially the way they create friction against the stripped-down beat. The whole EP is quite nice.”

Rob Mello (Classic / Crosstown Rebels / Rekids) – “Loving ‘El Tapatio’ – all around sounding good.”

Ryan Elliott (Ghostly Int’t / Spectral Sound) – Charted ‘Strombooty’ at #10 (December 2009)

Sean O’Neal a.k.a. Someone Else (Foundsound / Microcosm / Tuning Spork) – “I like the B1.”

Troy Pierce (M-nus) – “Great EP, ‘Firestar’ is definitely my favorite!”

Tyler Stadius (Fabric) – “Good tracks again. I can use every one for sure…late night nastys!”

Xpansul (Discos De Lata / Plus 8 / Trapez) – “Superb, funky and dark…will play for sure!”

So, I laugh when other labels put stuff like this up. Does this really matter to any of you, or does it actually make us look like douche bags?

Seriously, let me know - I'm interested to find out what you guys think.

This release went up on Beatport today. Enjoy.
ksaen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ksaen »

When i was 17, i watched out for tracks played by my favourite djs.
Now i don't give a damn. Of course, i have favourite djs nowadays too, but i don't care about one sentenced promo comments of some well known people.
And with such comments, vinyl descriptions like „Played by: DJ 1, DJ 2, DJ 3,…“ like at decks.de are following. Hate this…
This vinyl forum, for example gives me much more recommendations for quality tracks.

Like in this example: I love „Speak to me“. :)