[PERLON 78]Maayan Nidam - Don't Know Why/Feels like

- wax
doudou
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by doudou »

patrick bateman wrote:
cloutier wrote:
doudou wrote:Okay fair enough. Sorry may be I'm wrong but my point was very simple! I think if you believe on vinyl format and you are releasing artists who are playing on digital format I think is gonna be harder for the label to sell vinyls. Example If you are a fan of Maayan's music and you see her in a club playing digital. Why do you want to buy vinyls? If you see Ricardo, Zip, Cabanne, Cassy, Baby Ford, Thomas Melchior, Margaret Dygas and Sammy Dee playing mainly with vinyls I think you will have more chance to see fan buying their music on vinyl. Look at Richie! Why all the young djs fan of Richie want to play with Traktor?
this, too, makes no sense.

perlon has and always will be a vinyl only label. its also one of the best and most consistent labels of all time, with a massive fan base and tons of respect. being asked to put a release on that label is one of the highest honours, if you ask me, so who gives a rats azz if its not available digitally? you're making far, far too big of a deal out of this.

as for the "why do you think everyone wants to use traktor because richie is" thing, that's probably one of the most single-handedly ridiculous things i've ever heard. people are using traktor because of accessibility, not because fcking richie is. 75% of the kids these days are too young and too new to the scene to have amassed some massive vinyl collection, and its pretty fcking simple for someone to share a hd or bootleg sh!t online and get one, so the only option to play those mp3's with with a digital system. i honestly cannot even believe that's your theory.
I'm with Eric here, what doudou is writing makes no sense in my world.
Okay guys, sorry it's my mistake.
pauliz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pauliz »

I agree at some point with Doudou, whats wrong in thinking, oh if you get the honour of signing in perlon, one of the few only vinyl labels ever, and then not playing them ?? Will she play "ripped versions" then? She wont play her own vinyl so? :?

How that will help vinyl market? , kids will want the rip if they hear the "rip"...

apart from this, someone can tell me why everything is getting similar to Cecille?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

pauliz wrote:I agree at some point with Doudou, whats wrong in thinking, oh if you get the honour of signing in perlon, one of the few only vinyl labels ever, and then not playing them ?? Will she play "ripped versions" then? She wont play her own vinyl so? :?

How that will help vinyl market? , kids will want the rip if they hear the "rip"...

apart from this, someone can tell me why everything is getting similar to Cecille?
If you guys REALLY thinks like this, why do you blame her? You should blame Perlon for signing an artist, whom, when she plays as a DJ, plays digitally... Uhhhh Perlon, shame on you!!!
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Perlon could release it on a USb glow stick for all I care, good music is good music regardless of the medium it is presented on.
I would love it if Perlon released their music digitally (for practical reasons) but it's their right to stick to vinyl.

Oh, since it's about the release here: Not so much into Perlon but still, they make it into my bag now and then so I do check their releases. This one however, is not for me.
Perlon seems like one of those labels that has a huge status and certain released get sold simply because of that devoted fanbase. I wouldn't buy a track just because of the label, but I guess that's just me :)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

PsyTox wrote:Perlon could release it on a USb glow stick for all I care, good music is good music regardless of the medium it is presented on.
I would love it if Perlon released their music digitally (for practical reasons) but it's their right to stick to vinyl.

Oh, since it's about the release here: Not so much into Perlon but still, they make it into my bag now and then so I do check their releases. This one however, is not for me.
Perlon seems like one of those labels that has a huge status and certain released get sold simply because of that devoted fanbase. I wouldn't buy a track just because of the label, but I guess that's just me :)
Spot on!
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

compared to most mediocre sh!t coming out these days! I would say that this is a pretty fine release!
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harrison »

@ doudou

what are you talking about? she plays only vinyl last two times i saw her!
Mirza
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mirza »

incredible how people can get lost sometimes ..