[PERLON 78]Maayan Nidam - Don't Know Why/Feels like

- wax
nicktem
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nicktem »

yeah this is cool. first track is awesome.
Octopi
-------------------------------------
doudou
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by doudou »

Great release. Like both sides. I'm happy for Maayan to be on Perlon but I feel is a bit weird from Zip & Markus to sign a new artist who play mainly on digital format and release her only on vinyl format!
Last edited by doudou on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

doudou wrote: I feel is a bit weird from Zip & Markus to sign a new artist who play mainly on digital format and release her only on vinyl format! It's like putting a lovely chocolate cake on the table but saying I'm sorry is not for you.

what the hell are you talking about? that makes absolutely no sense.

maayan has an insanely good record collection at home, and the last year or so she's been playing a LOT more vinyl than digital.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
doudou
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by doudou »

cloutier wrote:
doudou wrote: I feel is a bit weird from Zip & Markus to sign a new artist who play mainly on digital format and release her only on vinyl format! It's like putting a lovely chocolate cake on the table but saying I'm sorry is not for you.

what the hell are you talking about? that makes absolutely no sense.

maayan has an insanely good record collection at home, and the last year or so she's been playing a LOT more vinyl than digital.
Okay fair enough. Sorry may be I'm wrong but my point was very simple! I think if you believe on vinyl format and you are releasing artists who are playing on digital format I think is gonna be harder for the label to sell vinyls. Example If you are a fan of Maayan's music and you see her in a club playing digital. Why do you want to buy vinyls? If you see Ricardo, Zip, Cabanne, Cassy, Baby Ford, Thomas Melchior, Margaret Dygas and Sammy Dee playing mainly with vinyls I think you will have more chance to see fan buying their music on vinyl. Look at Richie! Why all the young djs fan of Richie want to play with Traktor?
I've nothing against Maayan and as I said previously I'm very happy for her because I really like her music but I think this release should be on digital format too.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

doudou wrote:Okay fair enough. Sorry may be I'm wrong but my point was very simple! I think if you believe on vinyl format and you are releasing artists who are playing on digital format I think is gonna be harder for the label to sell vinyls. Example If you are a fan of Maayan's music and you see her in a club playing digital. Why do you want to buy vinyls? If you see Ricardo, Zip, Cabanne, Cassy, Baby Ford, Thomas Melchior, Margaret Dygas and Sammy Dee playing mainly with vinyls I think you will have more chance to see fan buying their music on vinyl. Look at Richie! Why all the young djs fan of Richie want to play with Traktor?
this, too, makes no sense.

perlon has and always will be a vinyl only label. its also one of the best and most consistent labels of all time, with a massive fan base and tons of respect. being asked to put a release on that label is one of the highest honours, if you ask me, so who gives a rats ass if its not available digitally? you're making far, far too big of a deal out of this.

as for the "why do you think everyone wants to use traktor because richie is" thing, that's probably one of the most single-handedly ridiculous things i've ever heard. people are using traktor because of accessibility, not because fucking richie is. 75% of the kids these days are too young and too new to the scene to have amassed some massive vinyl collection, and its pretty fucking simple for someone to share a hd or bootleg sh!t online and get one, so the only option to play those mp3's with with a digital system. i honestly cannot even believe that's your theory.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
doudou
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by doudou »

I agree about what you are saying but I'm not making a big deal it was just a question!
"Well About Traktor". Obviously you use a new digital software because you feel comfortable and may be more appropriate to your need or like you said accessibility.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

Finally got a chance to listen to the samples properly...

well, some are right about the a-side: it sounds like if it could come from cecille or something, but still, i think this track can work in a club...but indeed, very unperlonesque en too much based on the sound of the moment. I wouldn't play it.

b-side: this is pure perlon speaking here. A track you don't know how it will turn out, can be used as tool, but also as a complete track on its own, playful and hard to get a grip on...
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

cloutier wrote:
doudou wrote:Okay fair enough. Sorry may be I'm wrong but my point was very simple! I think if you believe on vinyl format and you are releasing artists who are playing on digital format I think is gonna be harder for the label to sell vinyls. Example If you are a fan of Maayan's music and you see her in a club playing digital. Why do you want to buy vinyls? If you see Ricardo, Zip, Cabanne, Cassy, Baby Ford, Thomas Melchior, Margaret Dygas and Sammy Dee playing mainly with vinyls I think you will have more chance to see fan buying their music on vinyl. Look at Richie! Why all the young djs fan of Richie want to play with Traktor?
this, too, makes no sense.

perlon has and always will be a vinyl only label. its also one of the best and most consistent labels of all time, with a massive fan base and tons of respect. being asked to put a release on that label is one of the highest honours, if you ask me, so who gives a rats azz if its not available digitally? you're making far, far too big of a deal out of this.

as for the "why do you think everyone wants to use traktor because richie is" thing, that's probably one of the most single-handedly ridiculous things i've ever heard. people are using traktor because of accessibility, not because fcking richie is. 75% of the kids these days are too young and too new to the scene to have amassed some massive vinyl collection, and its pretty fcking simple for someone to share a hd or bootleg sh!t online and get one, so the only option to play those mp3's with with a digital system. i honestly cannot even believe that's your theory.
I'm with Eric here, what doudou is writing makes no sense in my world.