Newbie Workflow Question

- ask away
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

There's no real need to buy battery if you got logic express imo.
It comes with Ultrabeat, which is a drum synth and a drum sampler. Maybe it's better you get on the hunt for some decent samples rather than buy another plugin.

I do plan on going from live to logic, and one of the factors for that are the built-in instruments. Really worth exploring them imo. Plus do give the manual a read, as it's filled with more than usefull information and tips.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

Dogma wrote:Actually, I have one last question:

I have a Macbook Air (with limited memory) and a Mac Mini I am not using.

Would it be possible to link-up my notebook and Mini, so that all the
processing and storage would be done on the Mini??

Thanks again...
Logic Node? plus simple file sharing?
Dogma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dogma »

What is a "node"?
"The philosopher is not free to do without Wagner."
–F.Nietzsche
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Dogma wrote:What is a "node"?
Sorry to be a bit harsh, but you do know this site called Google right?

http://www.google.com/search?client=saf ... 8&oe=UTF-8

First hit:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr05/a ... enotes.htm
Dogma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dogma »

Sorry, I thought it was called just a "node" (to be used with Logic), so I searched google and wikipedia and got super technical entries.

for example...

Node

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Node may refer to:

In computing and electronics

* Node (circuits), a region in an electrical circuit where there is no change in potential
* Node (computer science), the computer representation of a node in a graph, and a basic unit used to build data structures such as linked lists and trees
* Node (networking), a device attached to a computer network or other telecommunications network, such as a computer or router, or a point in a network topology at which lines intersect or branch
* Node (UML), the representation of a computational device in the Unified Modeling Language

I understand now. Thanks for the link.
"The philosopher is not free to do without Wagner."
–F.Nietzsche
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Opuswerk wrote:There's no real need to buy battery if you got logic express imo. It comes with Ultrabeat, which is a drum synth and a drum sampler. Maybe it's better you get on the hunt for some decent samples rather than buy another plugin. I do plan on going from live to logic, and one of the factors for that are the built-in instruments. Really worth exploring them imo. Plus do give the manual a read, as it's filled with more than usefull information and tips.
i didn't think ultrabeat was in express.
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

tone-def wrote:
Opuswerk wrote:There's no real need to buy battery if you got logic express imo. It comes with Ultrabeat, which is a drum synth and a drum sampler. Maybe it's better you get on the hunt for some decent samples rather than buy another plugin. I do plan on going from live to logic, and one of the factors for that are the built-in instruments. Really worth exploring them imo. Plus do give the manual a read, as it's filled with more than usefull information and tips.
i didn't think ultrabeat was in express.
90% it is in express
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

Dogma wrote:Sorry, I thought it was called just a "node" (to be used with Logic), so I searched google and wikipedia and got super technical entries.

for example...

Node

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Node may refer to:

In computing and electronics

* Node (circuits), a region in an electrical circuit where there is no change in potential
* Node (computer science), the computer representation of a node in a graph, and a basic unit used to build data structures such as linked lists and trees
* Node (networking), a device attached to a computer network or other telecommunications network, such as a computer or router, or a point in a network topology at which lines intersect or branch
* Node (UML), the representation of a computational device in the Unified Modeling Language

I understand now. Thanks for the link.
Node=Slave=Use one computer for sequencing, the other for synths etc