Traktor problem??

- ask away
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Traktor problem??

Post by klankeffect »

somebody has some advice on this?
we are playing with traktor scratch pro and during playing one deck is sometimes switching for an instant to reverse mode, anyone had the same? Is it possible this is some kind of fault in the audio 8 dj?
grtz Niek
lessizmoremoreizless
Cheaper
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Cheaper »

i had issues like that, but worse : a random deck stopped from time to time during playback.
Very pleasant during a set :shock:

I deleted all the hotkeys and midi mappings (as some are related to others) and re-mapped only what i use. seems to work

try to update also
soundcloud.com/capsularecordings
160R
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 160R »

if it's playing reverse, it is most likely that the timecode signal is coming in mono rather than stereo. check your cartdrige and the contacts. replace cartridge and clean the contacts..... audio8 is fine
SUB MINIMAL DUB
ekwipt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ekwipt »

Happened to me as well check the cartridge on your headshell, one of my wires weren't fully plugged in causing this exact same glitch, hope it's as easy for you
Edward_Molton
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Edward_Molton »

160R wrote:if it's playing reverse, it is most likely that the timecode signal is coming in mono rather than stereo. check your cartdrige and the contacts. replace cartridge and clean the contacts..... audio8 is fine
And check maybe you timecode vinyls as there might be some scratches on it.
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

Edward_Molton wrote:
160R wrote:if it's playing reverse, it is most likely that the timecode signal is coming in mono rather than stereo. check your cartdrige and the contacts. replace cartridge and clean the contacts..... audio8 is fine
And check maybe you timecode vinyls as there might be some scratches on it.
Unlikely to be that; the timecode algorithm requires a remarkably short length of signal to get back on track. Reverse play is usually caused by dirt on the needle, which leads to mono or other cancellation issues as above. There's an option that can be checked somewhere that warns the user if the timecode signal is deteriorating.
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by klankeffect »

hi,
thx for the ultra fast repleys on this, i will check out this ones, nice advice, i will let you know how it went
grtz
lessizmoremoreizless