Magda Interview

- open
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

magda is creatively awesome. I enjoyed her honesty in the interview and its great to see that she is still doing her thing. Cheers!
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Alex Biron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alex Biron »

camus wrote:
s.k. wrote:eventually magda will suck even more than she sucks now
im not going to read this whole thread, but straight up dude thats some wack unproductive garbage]
kgw
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kgw »

I saw Magda this past weekend and she was average. No excitement to the music at all. Not terrible, but it seems she's lost a lot since the whole "minimal" thing ended. I saw her numerous times during that period and she was excellent.

But I don't think people need to worry - just because Magda (who belongs to the Minus camp, who have been pushing digital for a long time now) believes everything will switch to digital does not mean it is true.

Many many "big" DJs still play only vinyl - Ricardo Villalobos being the biggest that springs to mind, many Detroit heads, the majority of the Kompakt crew, the list goes on. In fact, I'd say DJs playing entirely digital is in the very small minority.
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

but it seems she's lost a lot since the whole "minimal" thing ended. I saw her numerous times during that period and she was excellent.

whats this even meant to mean?
leitmo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by leitmo »

i respect magda because her sensible and reflective answers, not my top producer/genre
http://www.myspace.com/mantegaman
life was easier with tapes