Electribe mx with analog mixer,some one help me??

- ask away
scacco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Electribe mx with analog mixer,some one help me??

Post by scacco »

i just bought an electribe mx,fire face 400 and soundcraft mixer.
i would like to connect electribe to soundcraft,but i want each sound of electribe(snare,hat,bass...) for each single channel of soundcraft.
for example snare in channel 1,hat in channel 2,etc....
How to do it?
thank u so much
buonacc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by buonacc »

(not sure exactly how the Electribe routings work, but you could try this...)

hook the four outputs to channels 1-4 on the Soundcraft. send your kick and snare (for example) to the main outs. pan the kick hard left and the snare hard right. now your kick will be going to channel 1 and the snare to channel 2. do the same with whatever sounds you want to be coming from individual outs 3 and 4. hope this helps...
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

buonacc wrote:(not sure exactly how the Electribe routings work, but you could try this...)

hook the four outputs to channels 1-4 on the Soundcraft. send your kick and snare (for example) to the main outs. pan the kick hard left and the snare hard right. now your kick will be going to channel 1 and the snare to channel 2. do the same with whatever sounds you want to be coming from individual outs 3 and 4. hope this helps...
thats how you do it.

it's annoying that you only get 4 output on that machine.
graham
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by graham »

will this not give him a problem when he applies efx etc from the electribe or can you specify they apply to only 1 channel at a time?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i'm not at home for a few days so i can't have a look. don't think it would be a problem though.
twisted-space
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by twisted-space »

graham wrote:will this not give him a problem when he applies efx etc from the electribe or can you specify they apply to only 1 channel at a time?
Fx are only available on output 1&2 and are always in stereo, same for the tube drive effect.
scacco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by scacco »

thank u so much...it's working
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Electribe mx with analog mixer,some one help me??

Post by dubgil »

scacco wrote:i just bought an electribe mx,fire face 400 and soundcraft mixer.
i would like to connect electribe to soundcraft,but i want each sound of electribe(snare,hat,bass...) for each single channel of soundcraft.
for example snare in channel 1,hat in channel 2,etc....
How to do it?
thank u so much
don't forget on the 'tribe you have to change the output bus 3/4 to indicate which output you want the sound to go out of if it's not the main 1 and 2