Magda & Marc Houle Halloween Give Away Track

- open
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

Christ Lewis wrote:
I think they took the dissonance a bit too far here.

LOL! I gotta hear it right away then! :D
...:::I Looove this Place:::...
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

There's no dissonance, just many-many flat notes... I love those most! :P

I'ts only "annoying", cause I can't recall where that gloomy chord at 00:56 is familiar from... 8)

False - Fed on Youth sounds
Last edited by BeatBoxBaby on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

oblak_21 wrote:annoying track..very annoying..

Truly it's a sudden load of a bunch of unusual sounds, could even be shocking for someone not used to anything just similar. :D

I wouldn't call this a track though, it sounds more like a collection of the most current sounds and effects from Marc Houle's Mac, plus some bassline...

Still it's a nice thing, don't forget they gave this as a present.

How can you all be so negative on a nice Sunday morning like this, anyway? :D
oblak_21
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by oblak_21 »

well i gave a honest opinion based on perception, not by hate or jealousy or something third. Well u can say that the track was cool because it is haloween..but i think that some people in the crowd aren t enjoying themselves.
It could be a fact. Maybe if someone anonymous would play this some people would leave the party.

I don*t have nothing against m-nus concept even if they have their own philosophy about music, some tracks can be bought and some can t be heard..for me it is simple..perception makes you love it or don*t.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

BeatBoxBaby wrote:

ehm, so as long as it's free, you don't care about quality?
Interesting philosophy you have there, do you use this regarding music only or life in general?

ps: I haven't heard the track.
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

oblak_21 wrote:well i gave a honest opinion based on perception, not by hate or jealousy or something third. Well u can say that the track was cool because it is haloween..but i think that some people in the crowd aren t enjoying themselves.
It could be a fact. Maybe if someone anonymous would play this some people would leave the party.

I don*t have nothing against m-nus concept even if they have their own philosophy about music, some tracks can be bought and some can t be heard..for me it is simple..perception makes you love it or don*t.
The most people in the store in Amsterdam really loved the track..... Not because its that good but it brings back memories to a lot of Dutch people. Around ten years ago some Belgium producer named 'Da Boy Tommy' made a, in those days populair 'genre', track with the same melody... I think the Magda & Marc track brings back memories haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSPRICT3IfQ

;)
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

re.vise wrote:
oblak_21 wrote:well i gave a honest opinion based on perception, not by hate or jealousy or something third. Well u can say that the track was cool because it is haloween..but i think that some people in the crowd aren t enjoying themselves.

The most people in the store in Amsterdam really loved the track..... Not because its that good but it brings back memories to a lot of Dutch people. Around ten years ago some Belgium producer named 'Da Boy Tommy' made a, in those days populair 'genre', track with the same melody... I think the Magda & Marc track brings back memories haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSPRICT3IfQ

;)
Dude seriously :?

Most of people in that store are around 18 years old. They never heard about Da Boy Tommy.

They are just swallowing what is given to them.
you are what you tweed
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

patrick bateman wrote:
BeatBoxBaby wrote:

ehm, so as long as it's free, you don't care about quality?
Interesting philosophy you have there, do you use this regarding music only or life in general?

ps: I haven't heard the track.

Hmm... interesting implication. But actually I've never thought of a present as something I manage to get for free. A present in general (in life) is a nice gesture from another person, who probably cares for you.

With this sentence I simply meant the act of giving a present to be a nice thing. For example if you like get a not too nice color pullover from your grandparents for Christmas, do you go telling and showing everyone, how unsatisfied you're with it? You can just take it home and keep it in your wardrobe forever... that won't hurt anyone.