damn, why is loving music so expensive?

- open
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by regler »

rationalism wrote:Don't worry mate! I live in a country were all the equipments and vinyls and everything is 3.80 time more expensive because of our money is devaluated so there you have here is harder!!! to buy an Axiom the less expensive like 400 usd for me is $1200 sick but one have to live with what he have!

Cheers
Hang in there, pal! ;)

And thanks for the input all, sometimes it good to hear some other opinions to see the topic in a different light.
sherman
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: damn, why is loving music so expensive?

Post by sherman »

regler wrote:I love music so I have to produce it, therefore I need equipment/software, which is expensive.
Not making the most from the limited gear I have, and constantly lusting after new gear is what makes music expensive for me. The longest I went without spending money was also my most productive. I seem to be slipping back to old ways however, damn gear lust... :x
-- sherman
rationalism
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: damn, why is loving music so expensive?

Post by rationalism »

sherman wrote:
regler wrote:I love music so I have to produce it, therefore I need equipment/software, which is expensive.
Not making the most from the limited gear I have, and constantly lusting after new gear is what makes music expensive for me. The longest I went without spending money was also my most productive. I seem to be slipping back to old ways however, damn gear lust... :x
Very true!! less is more!
RATIONALISM RECORDS /// www.rationalismrecords.com /// PLEASUREX.CLUB /// https://pleasurex.club/

MYHOUSE YOURHOUSE /// soundcloud.com/mhyh-records /// ZARDOS /// https://zardos.bandcamp.com
daniellesniewski
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by daniellesniewski »

buying music does rape my wallet; but at the end of the day, i know im spending my money on something i love so i dont regret it whatsoever.
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

don't worry... I was in college like you once, too, and I've spent a shitload on music, equipment, etc. If you love this stuff, it's worth it. Just make sure you can pay your bills and set aside some money for savings along the way.

It's a tradeoff, like everything else...I make up for the spending elsewhere inasmuch as I don't need the latest flat screen TV or a closet full of expensive shoes.

And actually, there are ways to be relatively frugal in terms of music cost as well without resorting to illegal stuff. Music equipment is like an investment; once you have the critical mass, make the most of it instead of chasing the latest gadget fad. I buy lots of tracks digitally these days that I churn through...and only the best of the best is what goes into my vinyl collection. That alone has saved me lots from how I use to do it.