i would suggest to invest money for isolation of the space first ,
www.klubd.net nicosia
Lets Go Out!
JCH
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Advice on equipment for club

Post by JCH »

pSsp wrote:I'm in the process of researching and sourcing equipment to deck out a club.
The Club is small enough, the dancefloor has a capacity of about 160 people(46sqm). The club will be catering for House/Techno

Would be grateful if anyone could give their advice or preference on soundsystems to go for? I have been researching Funktion 1, Dynachord and JBS Vibe. Are there are any other reliable names i could throw into the hat and are there any systems that are more suited to smaller clubs. And which would be the best value for money as the budget is still being considered.

Also in terms of Dj Equipment what mixers and CDJ's would be most widely desired by DJ's.

And if there are any good review websites you can point me to that would be great.

cheers
Booth:

2x Technics SL-1200/10
2x cdj-1000 mk3 or Denon DN-3700
A H Xone 62, Ecler NUO 4.0/EVO 4 or some horrible Pioneer mixer
etc, etc

Check the Wave Music forum:

http://www.wavemusic.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=9
pSsp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by pSsp »

Thanks for all your advice guys. One other question; Is it definitely worth getting Technics Mk5 over Mk2 and what is the main difference in quality? Also has anyone ever heard of Cerwin Vega soundsystems?
shh pSsp
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

pSsp wrote:Thanks for all your advice guys. One other question; Is it definitely worth getting Technics Mk5 over Mk2 and what is the main difference in quality? Also has anyone ever heard of Cerwin Vega soundsystems?
stay far away from cerwin vega, mackie, behringer, tapco, thomann house brand, most peavey, most lower priced lines from manufacturers which offer more expensive lines, etc.

funktion one, turbosound, eaw, jbl, coda, l'acosutics, meyer, martin, d&b (not db technologies!), nexo, and a host of otehr companies ive forgotten all make usable boxes. Which ones are right for your space should be decided on a trustworthy engineer.

Unfortunately, you get what you pay for, and there is a reason why some gear costs os much. The good news, is that most sound companies are trying ot get rid of their older inventory which works perfectly fine in order to "upgrade" to "line array" boxes. Nobody needs a line array for a club, despite many clubs wasting their money on line array boxes when a traditional design from the same company would have performed better and for less money.
freeeeeee