Advice on equipment for club

- open
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

if you have enough cash go for cdj2000, as it's gonna be new standard - skip the cdj1000.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

bshosa wrote:if you have enough cash go for cdj2000, as it's gonna be new standard - skip the cdj1000.
that's a really lofty statement. why should it be the new standard? because it has a bigger screen and is midi capable? whoopy do!
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

cloutier wrote:
bshosa wrote:if you have enough cash go for cdj2000, as it's gonna be new standard - skip the cdj1000.
that's a really lofty statement. why should it be the new standard? because it has a bigger screen and is midi capable? whoopy do!
totally agree! let's say you got the cdj2000 but if the rest of your equipment sucks! you won't make it any long even /w the most amazing CDJ..

I am not that experienced at all but I'd say go to the basics with the equipment in general and just clarify you get good acoustics.. You need to get to like your sound and vibe and that's the most important thing.

I think no one would go more to a club if the club had like the newest CDJ's on the net
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

Check the technical riders for artists on some booking agent websites. That should give you some idea of the space and equipment required.
In terms of speakers you could go around and check out other clubs of a similar size, have a look at what they're using and assess the sound quality.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

haha sorry, it was actually the 2000 I meant when I wrote 1000mk4

:)
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

As a starting point for speaker options have a look here
http://www.mondodr.com/products/loudspeaker/archive/
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

i do sound for clubs. There is a wide range of boxes which can deliver good sound, and there is a wide range of installers which can fck up the sound of perfectly good boxes.

Just as important as whatever system goes in is the room itself. Hard surfaces reflect sound and just as easily fck up the sound as a bad engineer.

Instead of asking about gear, i suggest looking around for someone local that can design a system around your needs and budget. Local sound companies are useful resources as they have both engineers and gear.
freeeeeee
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

cloutier wrote:
well,

I simply think that it's going to be new standard and if spending that much cash on equipment already why not buy the newest one ??

of coourse you could have bought CDJ100's when 1000's where introduced to the market, but what for ??

Anyway - it's much more about the soundsystem itself than the CDplayers, but if buying why not get the most modern stuff ??