EVEN Hawtin struggles to get into Berghain!!

- open
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

i haven't been to berghain, but from what i hear, the place below it, the lab, is about 1000x worse for outward gay stuff, and it can get pretty gross, sadistic and unbelievable down there.

but yeah...21st century...
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

cloutier wrote:i haven't been to berghain, but from what i hear, the place below it, the lab, is about 1000x worse for outward gay stuff, and it can get pretty gross, sadistic and unbelievable down there.

never heard of this place! but you got the panorama bar in there!
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

it doens't quite constitute sex in public though, does it? a darken room of a what is an "anything goes" club isn't the same as someone having sex in a place where kids are gonna see it. everyone knows the score, its consentual, if you've a problem with that or it scares you to be in that environment, maybe then your the wrong person for the club?

its a techno club, a place for people to go and unwind, relax, be themselves etc. if that means hook up with guys, who cares? why even comment about it? why is that a negative aspect of the club for people?

i don't like seeing men having sex? get over it, your there for the music. stick to panne (which for me has better music than in the berghain) and you probably will do well to see anything more than a few men kissing.

"the ruler thing? bruno? i wouldn't fancy seeing that?" .....the place isn't even that hardcore. as mentioned, the lab is actually hardcore. but consentual and not exploitative, so probably a few steps up from a strip club on the deceny-o-meter.

i understand that its a message board so there is going to be a difference between people culturally, socially, life experience, exposure to different lifestyles, intelligence etc, so maybe i should also learn to be tolerant of peoples stigmas, even if i find them outmoded and abhorent.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

anizz wrote:
cloutier wrote:i haven't been to berghain, but from what i hear, the place below it, the lab, is about 1000x worse for outward gay stuff, and it can get pretty gross, sadistic and unbelievable down there.

its a different cue around the side, a different club but in the same building.

males only. a hardcore sex club with music.
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

Atheory wrote:
anizz wrote:

often with danny wang playing amazing disco which must be quite the experience (or not).
ninu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ninu »

Atheory wrote:
anizz wrote:

I heard that The Laboratory it's just under the stairs from Berghain. Actually all the stripped guys were dancing around that area, so it makes sense.
I have to say, I was a little scared when I had to climb the stairs to Panorama bar :))
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

well, it seems to me the turn this thread has taken should be sufficient explanation for the why and how of the berghain door policy. men hooking up with other men or women and doing whatever they want on the dancefloor was always part of the ostgut club. it's not because of some newly found techno aficionados that they're gonna change it. either you accept it as normal and simply don't care or you don't. and that may crucial for you to get in (not that they'll ask you mind you).
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

ninu wrote:
Atheory wrote:
anizz wrote:

I heard that The Laboratory it's just under the stairs from Berghain. Actually all the stripped guys were dancing around that area, so it makes sense.
I have to say, I was a little scared when I had to climb the stairs to Panorama bar :))
I just thought that this is kind of a Gothic/Bondage Club.. but this is so cliche!
Even if I am not gay or anything ... this sounds interesting!
These guys must feel totally wasted!
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.