RME fireface 400

- ask away
squonqdm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

!

Post by squonqdm »

i have an RME (old multiface), got it in my hack right now... they're alright, sound quality is reasonable, pretty flat, bit harsh in the top end,

i think they sound better than M-Audio/Echo and MOTU..

previously used it in my pc with Cub SX 3, never seemed to get particularly good midi timing with it..

changed it out in the pc for a 2nd hand Lynx one and i could hear the difference, (clearer basically) and not harsh.

but saying that it'z def usable, probz one of the best things in itz price range.. moving up from that soundwise i'd say on tha mac .. (apogee, lynx or prism)

on tha pc, i'd say lynx, prism..

you can alwayz slap a better dac on the frontend.. : )

if i were starting again on pc i'd go 4 a 2nd hand lynx 2.. :)

on mac i'd go for a duet or ensemble.. :)
eMtEx
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eMtEx »

rme fireface 400 is definitly a really good soundcard.

i have a fireface 800 in my studio and i don't wanna use something other than that. studio standard with firewire 800 support
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by klankeffect »

also heard this is a good soundcard, i have an apogee duet i am really happy with them convertors.
lessizmoremoreizless
Perc Trax
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Perc Trax »

I had one which was faulty and caused some big problems for the rest of my PC (multiple crashes, data loss etc) RME refused to believe there was a problem and the shop I bought it told me it was RME's problem and not their's.

RME asked me to send it back to Germany, which I did at my own expense. 3 weeks later they sent it back to me with a 'problem fixed' sticker on it and it still did not work.

I'd never buy an RME product again.
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

i owned one, its a nice card but i got rid of it cause i didnt think it really sounded that much better than my little echoaudiofire2. maybe a little bit better but not for the price you pay... ive also compared recordings done on both coming from external mixers and the difference was really not that substantial. i think the audiofire has the same converters anyways.

i sold it along with my dsi evolver and got an ultralite instead along with a really nice new toy ;)