[Siteholder 13] Slutbox - Wetfood EP w/ Jason Emsley Remix

- wax
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[Siteholder 13] Slutbox - Wetfood EP w/ Jason Emsley Remix

Post by Brian Ffar »

SITEHOLDER RECORDS
Siteholder Records is the brainchild of Chicago natives Billy Dalesandro, Brian Ffar, and Daniel Mnookin. Residing in the city that gave house music its name, Siteholder strives to combine the various elements of modern techno with the jackin’ rhythms that put their hometown on the electronic music map. Siteholder releases command you to get out of your chair, charge the dance floor, and get down to some serious beats.

Artist: Slutbox
Title: Wetfood EP
Format: 12” Vinyl | Digital
Cat. No.: SH013
Release Date: OUT ON VINYL October 2009| Beatport on Friday, October 30, 2009

————— Tracks ——–——

A1 Original
B1 Jason Emsley Remix
B2 Brian Ffar Remix
** Bumpin' Ugly Remix

** Digital Exclusive

WETFOOD
How does one follow up the highly successful “Nitrogen 2 Oxygen 1” and “Backseat Driver” EPs? Slutbox duo Billy Dalessandro and Daniel Mnookin do so with a deeper cut featuring kicks, basslines, thunderstorms, and a memorable lyric, “Wet food, time to earn my money.”

…and earn their money they do…

Jason Emsley and Brian Ffar share remix duties, taking the original on a ride down two very different paths. Emsley holds nothing back with his all-systems-go rework: this is straight up techno and if you don’t come prepared you’ll find yourself down for the count on the nightclub sidelines. Ffar throws us a curveball by inducing the original with a squirt-squirt of Chicago style acid house. After all, this is the town where the label was born and bred.

Siteholder drops release “Lucky Number 13” in stride, with no intentions of ever looking back.

As an aside, we've just redesigned our website to include all of our back catalog as well as mixes and other goodies. Feel free to check it out at www.siteholder.net
Dantron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

SH013

Post by Dantron »

Time to earn my money... -boom
Dantron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Slutbox pre. Wetfood EP [SH013]

Post by Dantron »

Vinyl is OUT NOW at Decks, Juno, etc...

Digital release to follow shortly...stay tuned :D
Dantron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Slutbox pre. Wetfood EP [SH013]

Post by Dantron »

Slutbox – Wetfood EP (SH013) FEEDBACK:

Alland Byallo ([Kontrol] / Nightlight Music / Utensil Recordings) – “It's all about the Emsley remix for me! All the tracks are stunning, but that's the one I'll be playing. HEAVY! Love the acid in Ffar's remix…really great engineering all over.”

Andrew Grant (Barraca Music / Circoloco) – “All mixes rule...will chart!”

Apoll (Neopren / Tongut) – “Stunning tunes…I’m a Brian Ffar fan!”

Butane (Alphahouse / Crosstown Rebels) – “I like it. Emsley's remix is a monster.”

Chris Fortier (Fade / 40oz. / EQ Grey) – “Brian Ffar with all the finesse. Bumpin’ Ugly remix is very bumping, cool jack groove. Also digging Jason Emsley remix too.”

Daniel Dreier (Highgrade / Sender) – “I like the original and the Jason Emsley remix.”

Dario Zenker (Lomidhigh Ltd. / Vakant) – “Nice record. ‘Wetfood’ is my favorite. Thanks.”

Dave Martin (Immigrant / Technique) – “Another absolute stormer...all tracks are in the box (laptop!), full support - looking forward to playing! Thanks Siteholder - you complete me!”

David Keno (Keno Records / Kindisch) – “‘Wetfood’ is nice!”

Derek Plaslaiko (Spectral Sound / The Bunker) – “Brian's mix is the one for me. Will be playing. Thanks!!!”

DJ Emerson (freakWaves / Kiddaz.fm / Sub Static) – “Really like Jason’s productions...another one to play for me...great job!”

Eric Cloutier (The Bunker) – “Emsley remix for the win! Good lordy!”

Expander (Soniculture) – “These tracks twinkle my buns...can't wait to thank you sweet boys in person...ohhhh yeahhhh!”

FC Shuttle (Harry Klein) – “I love the Emsley remix and will play it tomorrow on the radio show; and Saturday night at Harry Klein. Super cool dubby dawn-rider.”

Garnica (Galatika / Trenton) – “‘Wetfood’ is not bad, could suit into my early sets! Jason Emsley remix is great!”

Jeremy Caulfield (Dumb-Unit / Vakant) - “Yo…like Brian Ffar’s remix…it’s great!”

JNX (Alphahouse) – “Ffar with the funky remix!”

Justin Long (Dotbleep / Smart Bar) – “Great EP…well produced! Keep up the good work!”

Konrad Black (Panorama Bar / Wagon Repair) – “Bomb release!”

Martin Landsky (Dessous / Poker Flat) - “I like the original...will play it!”

Moritz von Pein (Platzhirsch) – “Great release!”

Nicolas Duvoisin (Musique Unique Rec. / We Are Records) – “I love the Jason Emsley and Brian Ffar remixes like always!!!”

Nikola Baytala (Kontrol / Robsoul) – “Brian Ffar remix = SICK!”

Paco Osuna (Drumcode / M_nus / Plus 8) – “I really like Jason Emsley’s remix,nice job!”

Patrick Bateman (Connect Four / Tic Tac Toe) – “Jason Emsley!!! Fucking hell, always delivers…love it !!!”

Paul Corey (209 Radio / Machinesarefunky) – “Stark, funky stuff from Mr. Emsley. Will play on the show, current fave is ‘Modulate’ but that could change.”

Sean O’Neal a.k.a. Someone Else (Foundsound / Microcosm / Tuning Spork) – “I like the B1.”

Skoozbot (Mindshake / Plus 8) – “These tracks sound great for summer!”

Thomas Jaldemark of Donk Boys (Frankie Rec. / Trapez) – “Will play Emsley and Bumpin’ Ugly remixes.”

Tyler Stadius (Fabric) – “Excellent diverse set of mixes. Feeling Jason's dubby take and Brian's twisted acid.”

Xpansul (Discos De Lata / Plus 8 / Trapez) – “Emsley's remix is the one for me, thanks a lot!!!”
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

Wetfood is out TODAY on Beatport.