Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

patrick bateman wrote:
dsat wrote:site is still running...
i haven't heard any of this, and a friend of mine is running a label with Venus
I'll ask him

the music bizz has been an insecure place for so many years now, if you're in it for the money, get a job or become tiesto...

but it's hard to tell what's true and what's not based on rumours...
Sadly it IS true. They have gone bankrupt. Talked to 2 Canadians last night who's distributed by them, and they confirmed the rumours, sadly.
Bummer :(

Do you think that they should have told Jean-Patrice that they were going bankrupt? It seems odd that a company would withhold information like that from it's clients. That could just be me though.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

thomasjaldemark wrote:which labels did they distro? haven't heard of them at all
They had Initial Cuts, Revolver, Cynosure, and a lot of the French house stuff (Brique Rouge (I think) and that kind of stuff)).
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Jesse Somfay wrote:
Do you think that they should have told Jean-Patrice that they were going bankrupt? It seems odd that a company would withhold information like that from it's clients. That could just be me though.
Seems odd if they were still trying to get new clients, even though they probably knew that things were going down the drain.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

patrick bateman wrote:
Jesse Somfay wrote:
Seems odd if they were still trying to get new clients, even though they probably knew that things were going down the drain.
Yeah but I guess somehow that you think things might get a reversal if you continue or try to change things. It sad and frustrating. I had my first 3 releases ready to go!

I'll knock on other doors.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

pheek wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
Jesse Somfay wrote:
Yeah but I guess somehow that you think things might get a reversal if you continue or try to change things. It sad and frustrating. I had my first 3 releases ready to go!

I'll knock on other doors.
That's true.