[TLM028] Jamie Kidd - Lascivious Prey (with remixes)

- only
thoughtless
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[TLM028] Jamie Kidd - Lascivious Prey (with remixes)

Post by thoughtless »

Thoughtless Music presents...

TLM028: Jamie Kidd – Lascivious Prey
with Eric Downer, Deepak Sharma & Dieter Krause, Jonny White, and Meesha remixes

Over the past few years, Jamie Kidd has emerged as Toronto's go-to techno DJ. When he's not performing live as one half of Metalogic or playing bass guitar in a number of local outfits, he can reliably be found warming up for the hottest acts in the world at his Platform residency. With a handful of tracks and remixes under his belt, Thoughtless is pleased to present Jamie's debut solo EP on the label. Combining his penchant for propulsive rhythms with a colorful musicality, 'Triptych' glides through melodic movements with its low slung attitude at the fore. Highlighting his live bass work, 'Lascivious Prey' focuses on the percussive end of the spectrum, punctuating its strategic turnarounds with analog flair. Four up-and-coming producers contribute their talent with diverse interpretations of 'Triptych': Thoughtless mainstay Eric Downer flips it into a jaunty minimal house affair, Hidden Recording's Deepak Sharma & Dieter Krause rebuild it as a defiant tech-house juggernaut, No. 19's Jonny White twists it into a cinematic space disco excursion, and Meesha dissipates its core elements into a haunting atmosphere with his adept two-step dub. Kidd's lascivious intent lurks between the notes throughout, carefully calculated to lure his prey right where he wants them: directly in front of the sound system...

01. Triptych
02. Lascivious Prey
03. Triptych – Eric Downer Remix
04. Triptych – Deepak Sharma & Dieter Krause Remix
05. Triptych – Jonny White Remix
06. Triptych – Meesha Remix

Take a listen and buy it now exclusively on BEATPORT - but don't just take our word for it...

“Good trippy tracks!” - TIMO MAAS, Cocoon

“Nice! Will try them.” - AXWELL, Axtone

“Good release from Jamie, with 'Lascivious Prey' being my favorite. Will play this out!” - GREGOR TRESHER, Break New Soil

“I love Meesha's remix, first class production!” - PABLO BOLIVAR, Regular

“I like 'Lascivious Prey' and Meesha's remix.” - SOMEONE ELSE, Foundsound

“Digging the Deepak Sharma & Dieter Krause mix!” - CHRIS FORTIER, EQ Grey

“Smooth and inventive tunes as always! For me, Thoughtless is rapidly becoming the new Force Inc. - forward lookin' stuff.” - DEEPCHILD, Trapez

“'Lascivious Prey' is great – cheers!” - MARK HENNING, Soma

“Two very classy tracks, well done.” - NICK WARREN, Way Out West

“I like 'Lascivious Prey'!” - ALLAND BYALLO, Liebe Detail

“Meesha's remix is lovely.” - TYLER STADIUS, Proton Radio

“Love the release all around. My pick here is the Meesha remix, mainly for its originality and stepping away from the straight kick groove – but all mixes are good, especially the originals! Thanks!” - HABERSHAM, Renaissance

“Timeless stuff, essential to always have in your crate for those 'lets take this sh!t deeper' moments.” - MIKE BRYANT, Intrinsic Design

“Definitely will play some of these in my shows. Thanks!” - FINE CUT BODIES, MR2

“Nice package.” - PATRICK TURNER, Movim

“Really cool grooves here, thank you!” - STRYKE, Plastic City

“Sounds good. I like 'Triptych' and Jonny White's remix the most; could work both into a DJ set for sure.” - TWONZ, Hijack Detroit

“Nice release. All the mixes have a nice something to them. 'Lascivious Prey' stands out on top for me – lovin' the blending contrast with real and synth bass noises.” - JAMES TEEJ, Rebirth

"Nice funky stuff! Thanks for sending: full support, we'll be playing this for sure; 'Triptych' and 'Lascivious Prey' are our faves here!" - SIGNAL DELUXE, Persona

“Great work from Jamie! Really like the originals and the Jonny White remix!” - ANIMALTEK, Treibstoff

“Meesha's dub of 'Triptych' is a massive dubwise stepper – a track that no serious bass cadet will want to miss!!” - RUOHO RUOTSI, De'fchild

“Excellent release all around. Really love the warm flavor and depth to this. Great work guys!” - JESSE SOMFAY, Archipel

Take a listen and buy it now exclusively on BEATPORT!

thoughtlessmusic.com
myspace.com/thoughtlessdigital
knacker
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by knacker »

yeah!!

:D