turntables to computer

- ask away
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

turntables to computer

Post by Jesse_mtl »

good morning ! i go to audio school, so every morning i wake up, with ideas for improvement on my home setup. All equipment specs put aside, whats the ideal setup for connecting your turntables / mixer to your computer / ableton live kind of thing ? right now i have fuckin nice hp zd 8000 3.2 ghz bla bla 1 gb ram, but theres a shitty 16 bit sound card with 1 L + R output. anyway i have my mixers line out to my microphone jack on the laptop, which goes to some of the worst speakers ive ever heard....

besides buying new speakers, how could i improve the current setup ?
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Buy a soundcard, for sure!
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

I think an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 has exactly what you need, and more. It's also a decent card if you want to make music on your computer.

Edit: I see you are using a laptop..There's a USB and a FireWire version of the Audiophile. Just look on the site. I've heard mixed stories about the quality of these products, but I guess for recording mixes it's more than ok.
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jesse_mtl »

thanx for replies. someone also mentioned to me running my line out to an external amp, then to passive speakers... . problem being, only one of my passive speakers works.... would that be better than using 2 shitty computer speakler with sub that have combined 30W output lol cuz thats wut im using right now .