How to confuse - surprise the audience?

- ask away
SHAP
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SHAP »

Not a big fan of it, but some djs use the lowpass filter to cut the lows directly when a break ends just to make it a bit longer. If you know what i mean...
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

stop the music then start it again, then stop and start. everyone will think what the fck are you doing? :?
six_minds
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by six_minds »

saw (heard) the villalobos do this once: turned the high end knob down slowly, way slowly, untli the music had lost all of its brightness- keep it there until it starts to sound normal again. Then during a bang/switch moment flip it back up to normal +1 or 2...
aciduss
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by aciduss »

Phase Ghost wrote:Like a live set or dj set?
I am more into producing that djing... so i guess i talk about production / liveset but any dj advice is also welcome.

thx a lot
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

six_minds wrote:saw (heard) the villalobos do this once: turned the high end knob down slowly, way slowly, untli the music had lost all of its brightness- keep it there until it starts to sound normal again. Then during a bang/switch moment flip it back up to normal +1 or 2...
I've never seen villalobos :oops:
but I've done that myself a few times, works really well with the right track
serie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by serie »

Seconds of silence after a breakdown when it's comming up. Instead of exploding the beat in everyone's face, just give 3 or 4 seconds of silence. Got me a few "WTF NO!" and then some "UAAAAAAA!!!"

Or in another case after a rise I exploded with the windows sound error. Got everyone's attention hahah.
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

I think Eric Prydz did a good job when he brings in the sub bass in his track armed.
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

play a sample of a baby crying. im not joking.