When to commit to starting over?

- ask away
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

thx for the good tips people :-flower

I'll indeed let it rest for a while, freshen my ears with some other music and hopefully come back to it fully loaded and inspired. Will need to find a way to force it at some point though, as there's a deadline... But heh one can force it too much right?
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
idlemode
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by idlemode »

this makes me wanna have a listen to the track!
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

opuswerk... you got filesystem... just start saving it as a different song name :)

if your on live... and start making a bunch of destructive edits... you can load that old one and then cherry pick the best parts by unfolding the song in the file browser and dragging in the tracks.

good luck. over engineering./thinking track production burns the mind sometimes.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

Opuswerk wrote: Will need to find a way to force it at some point though, as there's a deadline... But heh one can force it too much right?
yeah man, ive found that personally forcing things will just limit your creativity
omnipresence
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by omnipresence »

^ In one respect, yes, but having a deadline can sometimes yield interesting results. How often do you give up on a track just based on indecision? At least forcing yourself through makes you put something down that can be worked with later.
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

omnipresence wrote:^ In one respect, yes, but having a deadline can sometimes yield interesting results. How often do you give up on a track just based on indecision? At least forcing yourself through makes you put something down that can be worked with later.

absolutely important to Finish the song

it may not be perfect (what is)

but at least you will have something to show for it

if your still unhappy with it a few weeks later, go remix it
laza
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by laza »

to me personally its really important to have a lot of options for one track so i usually make 4-5 out of one and decide at the end which one is worth to get finished. i got a lot of new sounds out of this worklflow and i can compare the tracks without just guessing what i might could change.
myspace.com/gergoemusic
myspace.com/schwarzweissmusik
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I'm terrible with my projects. I make a tune and get fed up with it, so for some reason I delete the file. I then play it to my label partner and he's like lets release that and I have deleted the file. I'm not even sure why I do it, I guess I just think if I'm not happy then I dont want it on my PC bothering me.