Producers losing hope in a crowded, insular scene

- ask away
Dusk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dusk »

hydrogen wrote:
+1... also depends on the setting when you first hear a tune. i find also, i'll enjoy a tune at a party that a friend is playing then get home and check it out... and is like meh. :D
Similarly, I find if you ever isolate part of a tune, either previewing it online or in a hectic set, you often end up disappointed when listening to the entire piece from start to finish. That's the nature of the beast I guess.
Some music:
www.myspace.com/cloakmusic

Reviews, news and more:
www.inverted-audio.co.uk
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Dusk wrote: Similarly, I find if you ever isolate part of a tune, either previewing it online or in a hectic set, you often end up disappointed when listening to the entire piece from start to finish. That's the nature of the beast I guess.
Exactly... and it is something i always remind myself... how good will this sound in a mix? what other tracks do i have to compliment this.... all part of the game.

lately... when writing my own i'm trying to figure out why i like certain music for mixing... and apply some of those same principles to my own music.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
omnipresence
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by omnipresence »

hydrogen wrote:+1... also depends on the setting when you first hear a tune. i find also, i'll enjoy a tune at a party that a friend is playing then get home and check it out... and is like meh. :D
The question is do you trust your judgement from the initial moment and buy it anyway knowing that you have the capacity to enjoy it in a different frame of mind?
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

omnipresence wrote:
hydrogen wrote:+1... also depends on the setting when you first hear a tune. i find also, i'll enjoy a tune at a party that a friend is playing then get home and check it out... and is like meh. :D
The question is do you trust your judgement from the initial moment and buy it anyway knowing that you have the capacity to enjoy it in a different frame of mind?
I just can't take it too seriously... I never consider buying music a mistake really but you do have to make that call... especially with mp3's cause you can't resell them. At least now on beatport they have the hold option. I dump those tracks in there if i'm feeling weird about purchasing...

and given the time... I always try do a review a day later(or when i'm in a good mood) before purchasing. Especially if its priced in the premium range. $2.50 is simply way to much for an empty3.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
sherman
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sherman »

sven laux wrote:
Atheory wrote:30seconds, 3 seconds?

what next? by looking at the cover of the record?
by reading the name of the artist...
But I already choose tracks solely based on the artis... 8)

:lol:
-- sherman