Listen and Learn

- ask away
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

wish i liked tracks like this, finding new music would be easy.
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

In reply to tone def( cause i can't figure out how to use the quote function!!). The kick i find has that deep thump to it almost like a whipping sound, and it has nothing to do with its volume.In fact that's what I really like about it, it has so much presence without blowing you're eardrums. I have a million kick samples, and none sound like this one. Maybe a processed 808 i guess, with proper filtering/eq/compression. As for the clap, i just like it's spread and the proper use of reverb. I just like how they sound, no more no less!!
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

Atheory wrote:wish i liked tracks like this, finding new music would be easy.
+ 1 :(
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

Raddler wrote:Yeah, I agree, this is some deep, groovy music. His kick and snare/claps sound fuckn awesome. How the hell do you get the kick sounding like that?!
outboard compression/processing maybe? i agree though, the kicks are perfect in all his stuff. they sound so rubbery and thick
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

i cant tell whats going on...
signatures suck
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

Raddler wrote:In reply to tone def( cause i can't figure out how to use the quote function!!). The kick i find has that deep thump to it almost like a whipping sound, and it has nothing to do with its volume.In fact that's what I really like about it, it has so much presence without blowing you're eardrums. I have a million kick samples, and none sound like this one. Maybe a processed 808 i guess, with proper filtering/eq/compression. As for the clap, i just like it's spread and the proper use of reverb. I just like how they sound, no more no less!!

it's just simply a very fast pitch envelope going on there! that's why the beginning is very "Pop" and end is low....
you could easily do it with just a sinewave and envelopes..
laza
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by laza »

i just dont get it!
myspace.com/gergoemusic
myspace.com/schwarzweissmusik
laza
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by laza »

you can make these kicks with ultrabeat easily. i really cant see anything special about this track. good techinque should be standard!

about ableton5..they rewrote the audio engine in 7, so yes its sounds much better with newer versions.
myspace.com/gergoemusic
myspace.com/schwarzweissmusik