Allen&Heath Zed Series

- ask away
nrjizer
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nrjizer »

I have the slowest of all MacBooks, the plain jane 1.83 ghz Core Duo white plastic one.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/m ... _1.83.html

I maxed out its ram to 2 gb, but Logic still redlines the CPU pretty much constantly on any track with a reasonable number of channels and plugins running.

I dunno, I'm still on the fence about what to drop my money on at the moment. Once I sell all my DJ gear I'll have about $3k to spend, but I purchased all that stuff when I was working regularly, living at home, and not in school. These days, I have absolutely no disposable income. So once this $3k is spent, that's it for a long time. If I spring for an r16, as much as I want one, that'll be all my money sunk into one item. If anything ever happened to my laptop i'd probably be ratfucked. I've had this laptop for 3 years now, and the constant peaking of its CPU due to logic can't have been good for it as far as a heat standpoint goes. I guess taking another $600-800 in loans to get a used MB or MBP should something happen to this one wouldn't be the end of the world, but still. A zed would be great, but without a good computer for Logic I can do nothing.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

funny mow my imac G5 1.8GHz (single core) with 2GB RAM is out performing your mac. do you use the freeze function? In system preference, energy saver, is optimization set to better performance?