do you dj too?

- ask away
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Atheory wrote: now i make music that about 4 people like.

a smart move. :D
make that 5 ;)
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

tone-def wrote:I dj with vinyl and digital for my own tracks and a few others. i buy records when i can afford them, i would buy more if i could.
Same here. I DJ maybe once or twice a month and buy enough vinyl and downloads to add something new to my set.
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

i have not long on this electronic music thing, i started djing like 3 years ago as "giving it a try" (i've always liked electronic music but never had the chance to...) now i dont want to stop, and about a year ago i started digging into the production area....i and must say it is like a never ending process....
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Atheory wrote: now i make music that about 4 people like.
where can we hear your sonic art?

you never know, i could be number 6!
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

I'm djing for 8 years mainly with MP3s, because I cannot move the record bag. :)
ArhiteK
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ArhiteK »

I dj once or twice a month around my city... I love this feeling of presenting new sound to people, making them move. It is actually a big inspiration for me. Usualy after a period of DJing more often I get best ideas for new tracks!

I think it is very useful to combine performance with creation. That way, art stays fresh and interacts with people...
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

is it like the next step? like wanting more after djing, makes you go and produce music? or wanting more making music, so you stop stop djing?
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

yeah im sure thats how it is for a lot of ppl. i started djing mainly about 2 years ago or so. now im getting more into producing and id like to spin my own tracks in my sets. i havent been djing much since ive begun to learn production and what not. im really enjoying live and the idea of live pa's as opposed to djing. i think the feeling and vibe is somewhat different. i could def. see myself getting more into the live pa thing but i also love djing so much. im thinking maybe some kind of hybrid as was mentioned before.