EQTV: Mescal fueled fun with Felix da Housecat

- open
www.eq-mag.co.uk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

EQTV: Mescal fueled fun with Felix da Housecat

Post by www.eq-mag.co.uk »

FELIX DA HOUSECAT at http://www.eq-mag.co.uk

If it's entertainment you're after, you can't go wrong with a set from Felix Stallings Jr.

Fuelled by mescal and a love of the crowd in front of him, he's one DJ who you can never accuse of being boring. And the same is true of his interviews. We caught up with Felix following a scorching set at Pressure to talk about his new album, He Was King, broadcasting his sets live on Justin TV – and everything else in between…

http://www.eq-mag.co.uk/tv.html

FOLLOW US…ImageImageImage

http://www.eq-mag.co.uk
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

does he have the measels?
dimconcept
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dimconcept »

Felix is a straight up cool dude. If anyone here does not know who he is, check him out. Felix goes waaaay back and despite his success over the years, he's never let sh!t go to his head... Unlike some of the more recent "uber DJ's" with godlike egos.
Sphere42
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Sphere42 »

That's one of most hilarious interviews ever! :lol:
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

dimconcept wrote:Felix is a straight up cool dude. If anyone here does not know who he is, check him out. Felix goes waaaay back and despite his success over the years, he's never let sh!t go to his head... Unlike some of the more recent "uber DJ's" with godlike egos.
Like that Hawtin guy. I hate him
tomb
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tomb »

Never pictured Felix as a Joy Division fan!
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by . »

miniKAT wrote:
dimconcept wrote:Felix is a straight up cool dude. If anyone here does not know who he is, check him out. Felix goes waaaay back and despite his success over the years, he's never let sh!t go to his head... Unlike some of the more recent "uber DJ's" with godlike egos.
Like that Hawtin guy. I hate him
WHY do you hate him? because he makes people ignorant with his commercial "minimal" leaving a lot of good artists without gigs? I bet it is because he has his own clothing line and you are jealous... the guy just makes money entertaining kids and you all hate him, leave em alone...... !

The note was interesting... Didn't know this guy, Felix, looks like a cool guy, seems to be very underground... I'll definetly check him out...
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

unbelievable that you don't know Felix... probably one of the biggest star dj's around. He rarely plays over here for less then 2000 people. Unfortunately he's also known for the worst skills around but still, great guy, some good releases and a great producer of easy dancefloor stuff but he's the best in his own style.

I remember waaaaaaaaaaaay back beginning of the nineties that he was in Belgium for a while and litterally going to clubs offering to play for free. That's how he played at Extreme f.e. He certainly has put in the work in the early days, and his track "Thee Dawn" is still one of my alltime favorites.