mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maori »

Tired of this kind of tracks.
technopunk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by technopunk »

Nineteen : What an obvious COPY of "Nekes - Cristal" which is of course a retarded loop copypasted for 10 minutes like lots of tracks out there.

Twenty Six its just the average boring track you can find anywhere else

And "808 clap" what a fucking joke, its like when you go to a museum and see a painting that just contains a red line and you say "what the fck, a 4 year old kid can do this"

Result : Minus laughing at people again
HERON
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by HERON »

this is awful, cant believe that minus releases such stuff.

dont know what to say.
timxavier
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by timxavier »

I'm shocked!

You don't know what to say? (Heron) :shock:

If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

The bottom line is, (and I know first hand) Kevin "ambivalent" pored his heart into this project and under extreme pressure that some of you will never come to understand. It really bums me out when I see people go out of their way to slander someone's e.p. so I say, keep your comments to yourself unless they are constructive. And BTW, let's hear what you're doing that is so great and prolific!?
.camea.
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by .camea. »

HERON wrote:this is awful, cant believe that minus releases such stuff.

dont know what to say.
now that's just mean. calling anyone's art 'awful' is totally unnecessary, as you have shown no respect for how much time and heart someone puts into their music. it also shows me that you have no respect for the people working around you, because i know you have met Ambivalent face to face, and to say such harsh and damaging things about their music for the public to read is completely cold-hearted. there are a million more respectful ways to state your opinion about something, especially as you know how sensitive the release period can be for an artist as they read reviews and watch the charts. we are not immune to negative banter, and most of us know not to read this board during our release periods because it can be so hurtful. But I think that you, Heron, as an artist would be more respectful to your peers and at least say your opinion nicely.

i like this EP, i play it a lot, and the 808 clap tool is really cool when used for it's purpose!
HERON
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by HERON »

tim, camea - i really liked kevins first work on minus and the roomies ep, especially jesse's remix and i respect every artist and every work.

it is just a honest opinion.
if somebody says something similar about my work i'll accept and think about.
i think as an artist you have to handle with different opinions.

this ep is a bit meaningless for me and i'm still waiting for some really innovative work like jesse's album.
but that is my opinion ... nothing more you know.

i'm a really young producer and dont know a lot - i have not so much experience like you or kevin.
but i expect something more innovative from people who are signed on one of the biggest techno labels.
timxavier
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by timxavier »

you're missing the point :idea:
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

How does the time and effort someone put in a track influence the quality? I could easily spend a year on a single track giving it all I have and it would still be worthless.. :P