Going Mac. Need help finding audio units(Legally)

- ask away
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

livecollective wrote:
miro pajic wrote:
Opuswerk wrote:
livecollective wrote:
Phase Ghost wrote:Everything in Logic is top notch. Eq, compressor, lo/hi pass/cut, the whole nine. Probably way better than most of the stuff you would download. Channel eq has a freq analyzer built in, phase eq is superb.

Other than fm8, I only use Logic's built in synths, eq's, etc. I don't feel like I'm missing anything either.

If you're switching to a Mac, don't even consider all the other daws. Go for the gold man.

so what your saying is, use ableton?
best reply of the whole thread imo :P
maybe, if you want to make it a logic vs. ableton discussion.
(and you prefer ableton)
no, if you want to help and answer the op's question!
to be honest i just hum into a tape recorder.
excellent!
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

All youll need is logic
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

Hydrogen, I feel your pain about Synth 1!! The more I play with it, the more I see the power behind this synth. I too might be switching to a Mac very shortly, so please keep me posted about what synth might replace it on a Mac!!!
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

livecollective wrote:
Phase Ghost wrote:Everything in Logic is top notch. Eq, compressor, lo/hi pass/cut, the whole nine. Probably way better than most of the stuff you would download. Channel eq has a freq analyzer built in, phase eq is superb.

Other than fm8, I only use Logic's built in synths, eq's, etc. I don't feel like I'm missing anything either.

If you're switching to a Mac, don't even consider all the other daws. Go for the gold man.

lol. Sorry, I meant go for the platinum.
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

Phase Ghost wrote:
livecollective wrote:

lol. Sorry, I meant go for the platinum.

guys, grow up and stop suggesting your "oh i use XXXX, so XXXX is the best"! it's so off topic btw!

any DAW is good if you know how to use it!

p.s. is it worth mentioning how BUGGY logic 9 is!?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

miro pajic wrote: p.s. is it worth mentioning how BUGGY logic 9 is!?
any mac software is a bit buggy when it first comes out. you have to wait until logic 9.0.1 appears on the software update.
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

that is true but i also know about 100's of issues with logic in the last years.
of course it is a great DAW, no doubt about it! but i have to mention that it's a BIG shame they just released logic 9 so short before snow leopard came out and it doesn't support the 64bit! and i wouldn't bet on it, that 9.1 will do already ;)

i'm a big apple fan since a long time, but certain things have been really weird the past couple of years!

however, my last post was more about staying on topic and supplying the OP with some usefull/cheap/free/legal plugins or links to replace his usual pc enviroment 8)
zarbeat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zarbeat »

Why not just using native Ableton plug ins the mastering rack is pretty decent but knowing you u would be better off using a mac only for live pa's :D