Movie about Ricardo?

- open
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Ok, stupid question, but these of documentaries, are they also for sale after some time? Don't know that much of how the alternative documentary world works...

Hope so and would guess so. I'd imagine there will be a big demand for this on dvd format.

Not interested in watching a shitty version of it on Youtube tbh :|
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

i was at cocoon closing and monza 2008 closing partys. maybe ill be in teh film lol. yeah hope it gets a realease onto dvd. will look forward to seeing more interviews ect with him
luke78
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by luke78 »

As long as it's not too self indulgent, I'll be up for watching this. If it is a decent documentary about the life of a 'superstar DJ' that I enjoy watching and what goes on from when he leaves his house to the club and then afterwards, then I think it could be really interesting.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

Kiani wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
antonio_pt wrote:Please keep in mind this teaser/trailer isn't aimed specifically at the mnml.nl crew who are used to watching YouTube-style videos of their favourite djs playing. If I was a random person with general interest in cinema but with no knowledge of this scene, I guess my interest would be piqued after watching this trailer. Weird repetitive music, this strange sweaty guy playing vinyl records to a crowd of eager, even more sweaty people packed in a big, uneasy room. And then the enigmatic title. I bet the jury will love it :) the real question is how many of you have booked their tickets to Venice?
U make it sound like this guy is trying to get Joe Shmo from Idaho to go and catch "Ricardo" at the local "Cineplex"...cmon now, Its the Venice film festival, I'm sure a good deal of these people know the deal, and have felt the vibe, if u know what I mean.

...and I'm chartering a Marquis Jet as we speak. Gonna be rollin' deep. :roll:
Ok, stupid question, but these of documentaries, are they also for sale after some time? Don't know that much of how the alternative documentary world works...
I believe thats what festivals are for, to get someone to pick u up and get the film into theaters or out on DVD. No?
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

antonio_pt wrote:Please keep in mind this teaser/trailer isn't aimed specifically at the mnml.nl crew who are used to watching YouTube-style videos of their favourite djs playing. If I was a random person with general interest in cinema but with no knowledge of this scene, I guess my interest would be piqued after watching this trailer. Weird repetitive music, this strange sweaty guy playing vinyl records to a crowd of eager, even more sweaty people packed in a big, uneasy room. And then the enigmatic title. I bet the jury will love it :) the real question is how many of you have booked their tickets to Venice?
This!

Thank you!
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

yes, someone may choose to distribute it on the basis of the showing in venice.

i'm not sure i like these sorts of documentaries. they can be a bit fawning and sickly. 2hrs of ricardo is a genius!!! yawn.

hopefully its not too like that. has anyone seen his other 2 documentaries?
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

i wonder how much it will be based around his personal life and how much of it will be quited down - him being a father and his little black box that's not allowed to travel into USA for instance.

Much as I'd happily watch an odd hour him mixing I'd much rather see a more biographic film of him and his rather interesting way to minimal stardom. Actually: I really hope to be around in a distant future when his life becomes the material for an awesome biopic :)
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

Carl Smart wrote:i wonder how much it will be based around his personal life and how much of it will be quited down - him being a father and his little black box that's not allowed to travel into USA for instance.

Much as I'd happily watch an odd hour him mixing I'd much rather see a more biographic film of him and his rather interesting way to minimal stardom. Actually: I really hope to be around in a distant future when his life becomes the material for an awesome biopic :)

His little black box?