who here can mix this the best?

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Sweet! Bumping this. There aremore mixes up. Can't wait to listen to these when i get back.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
datalus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by datalus »

hydrogen wrote:Sweet! Bumping this. There aremore mixes up. Can't wait to listen to these when i get back.
Let me know what you think, I'd love some feedback.
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

datalus wrote:
hydrogen wrote:Sweet! Bumping this. There aremore mixes up. Can't wait to listen to these when i get back.
A good thing is to hear other people mix with your own ears :) and see that they have done!

t
Deefex
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Deefex »

yeah, is there some place to upload this. i just did some EQ/reverb work. didn't add any compressors. didn't feel the need to.
datalus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by datalus »

Daemonix wrote:
datalus wrote:
A good thing is to hear other people mix with your own ears :) and see that they have done!

t
no doubt, i've gotta get all these mixes d/l'd and listen to them to compare. but it's also nice to have someone else listen and give their opinions :)
Deefex
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Deefex »

i uploaded it to my geocities site. but i think i forgot the hi-hat
http://www.geocities.com/mumrah1/MIXING.mp3
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

datalus wrote:
Daemonix wrote:
datalus wrote:

t
no doubt, i've gotta get all these mixes d/l'd and listen to them to compare. but it's also nice to have someone else listen and give their opinions :)
The opinion is in the mix. Each one has some really cool techniques!! Can't really rate one mix better than another. This has been quite rewarding already and i'm glad i contributed.

Keagan, you downsampled the drums!? using outboard gear i hope. but it seems like you used that to get extra swing on the tune. very interesting. I like it. :)

Datalus, nice one on softening up the hat with the attack. You are missing verbage though. you mix like me... i usually leave out the verb too. :)

Loving all the side chain stuff everyone is doing. BeldenJ has some very very cool sidechain effects going on. Totally dig it.

Rads mix was a little too bright for me. But what you did on that atmospher track is pretty fucking rad dude.

intellijels sounded the most classic to me. which is refreshing in itself. timewarp!

Lots of buss compression everywhere too. I didn't expect that.

Great challenge! Loved the sounds too. Like a classic detroit, i've heard that before and would like to make this sound better feeling. :)

Great job everyone and lets hear some moar. pm intellijel for where to email.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

Cool of you hydrogen to give some feedback!! What I liked about your mix was it's deep and liquid feel. As though the sounds flow into one another. I especially liked what you did with the hats( big difference when you turn off the erosion and dynamic tube plugin). The kick has a nice punch to it too. Good job. Gonna listen to some more, be back!!!