Techno bass question

- ask away
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

Stomper wrote:I dont get people here sometime.
+ 1
kylemcsparron
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kylemcsparron »

Often when I'm using a sine wave I'll compliment it with a high pass filtered organ/real bass sound, etc

just to get an extra bit of harmonic content whilst keeping it sounding pretty organic.
Myfirstcasio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Myfirstcasio »

Rookas wrote:no its dead lol
Nope... Schrodinger's Cat is either alive or dead and neither one until observed.

Some good advise here after the needless abuse. Good luck with putting it to good use Artic_origin, I know I will be.

fragment
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fragment »

funny to see how these "lets flame the newbie producer" threads turn into something actually helpful... and also good to see that not everybody is a wannabe-elitist and a total asshat when it comes to sharing techniques and knowledge 8)

@OT if you could tell me what software you are using, or at least what synths you own i could dig through my tutorial "archive" to see if there is something more specific - but Dusk´s approach should work out well with all kinds of synths
"there aren't many problems which can't be solved with a kick drum on the first beat and a snare drum on the 3rd beat, and a whole lot of sub bass in the middle"

Setup: Macbook Pro 15" 2,5 • MOTU Ultralite • Ableton Live 8 Suite • NI Maschine • UC-33e • Novation Launchpad • Novation ReMOTE 25 SL Compact •
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

You guys are fucking ridiculous, no one is bashing this kid, I brought up a theoretical paradox and thats considered "noob bashing"

come on... get over it.
fragment
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fragment »

livecollective wrote: come on... get over it.
exactly my thought after reading your first reply :roll:

but yea, nevermind... more then enough people are actually helping beginners so nevermind
"there aren't many problems which can't be solved with a kick drum on the first beat and a snare drum on the 3rd beat, and a whole lot of sub bass in the middle"

Setup: Macbook Pro 15" 2,5 • MOTU Ultralite • Ableton Live 8 Suite • NI Maschine • UC-33e • Novation Launchpad • Novation ReMOTE 25 SL Compact •
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

\o/

i like to think that everyone here is so nice.....just that we all have our moments?

thanks for all the advices from everyone here...
Deefex
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Deefex »

wow, i don't post in here very much but i had to post in this thread. this guy was just asking for some help and people flame him. that's just wrong man. what's up with that? why all the drama? we are supposed to be a community of compassion and understanding. we are supposed to be smarter then that, let's now act childish for no reason. now i don't know if this guy goes around here claiming he's hot sh!t but that was just uncalled for if he was just asking how do you get a sound like that.