Effects software

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

try a boss digital delay... boss dd6. It handles the pitch change in odd ways... doesn't really have the quality of the psp but its still very cool.

i heard good things about the line 6 delay... dunno, you got to go to the store and try it for yourself dude.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

MDA plugs are awesome and free. smartelectronix has loads of good stuff
Min82
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Min82 »

Cool thanks a lot, il look into them now. How is the pedal hooked up, into the back of your mixer?
blartboy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by blartboy »

i love djs who use loads of effects

there are too many tracks out there that producers have spent a lot of time on that really do require the dj to make a complete cnt of them by using effects to hide their poor mixing and record choice

honest
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Min82 wrote:Cool thanks a lot, il look into them now. How is the pedal hooked up, into the back of your mixer?
of course the back... but i'm not sure how this will work on the pioneer mixer. I mentioned some methods for you to hook it up to... but i'm not sure whats the best.
  • 1. send aux out to send aux in
    2. sound aux out to mixer channel in
What you do is send the audio signal out for a short 1/4 note or whatever like on the snare... and that will go to your delay and if you have the feedback turned up enough it will feedback into itself making an endless delay.

If you set it up with the second configuration you can control the output level of the delay easier on the mixer with the gain control and up faders.

You have to understand its a different concept from just pressing the button and hearing cool effects with parameters.

Also note that the boss delay or whatever delay you are suing is usually manual so you need to adjust the timing with your headphones, which makes the second setup more likely to use.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Min82
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Min82 »

sounds good. Thank you
dyte
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dyte »

blartboy wrote:i love djs who use loads of effects

there are too many tracks out there that producers have spent a lot of time on that really do require the dj to make a complete cnt of them by using effects to hide their poor mixing and record choice

honest
bored skinner? thought you'd come and noise up mnml.nl? :lol: