Demos

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I'm so glad I dont have to send demo's out, all this looks rather confusing. I really don't see why so many people are getting confused over sending demos as its such a simple task.

1. Send email/myspace to label and ask if they are taking demos at the moment.
2. If they respond with a yes send them a link or cd depending on which they prefer.
3. wait for response....

It really is as simple as that... any label wanting you to send mastered tracks you should avoid as any decent label will get your tracks mastered before being pressed onto vinyl anyways.
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

Another good way I find is to actually go to the clubs where the djs/producers/label owners you are targetting are playing and if you get a chance actually hand them the CD in person.

If you are polite, dont barge them in the middle of their set (especially in the midle of a mix) and not overly offit/arse licking then they will usually spare you a few minutes and sometimes seem quite interested in who you are and what you are doing.

I always keep a copy of my latest productions in my bag/pocket as you never know who you will bump into.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

G3rard wrote:Another good way I find is to actually go to the clubs where the djs/producers/label owners you are targetting are playing and if you get a chance actually hand them the CD in person.

If you are polite, dont barge them in the middle of their set (especially in the midle of a mix) and not overly offit/arse licking then they will usually spare you a few minutes and sometimes seem quite interested in who you are and what you are doing.

I always keep a copy of my latest productions in my bag/pocket as you never know who you will bump into.
Excellent suggestion Gerard! Even if you don't drop a CD (i most of the time lose them), engaging a discussion and having a drink will make me happy to receive an email later on as I will know who i'm talking to.

If you talk to guys like Zip or other label owners of that calibre, they will always tell you they will listen to your music but will admit they will only release music from friends only/first. I think a lot of labels are like that too. So of course, hanging out is a first step in that direction.
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

Hello everyone, i wanted to ask this:

if you have a netlabel, can you release in other netlabels as well?..maybe the same relases you have in yours? or diferent ones?

sorry if this is a stupid question, i was wondering that and i tought this might be a nice place to ask....

thanks advanced.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

isaaclevy wrote:Hello everyone, i wanted to ask this:

if you have a netlabel, can you release in other netlabels as well?..maybe the same relases you have in yours? or diferent ones?

sorry if this is a stupid question, i was wondering that and i tought this might be a nice place to ask....

thanks advanced.
Depends of the agreement you have with the netlabel. Don't do anything without communicating which will avoid problems.
blartboy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by blartboy »

what if you can't find a label that you think suits your music?
soohy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by soohy »

blartboy wrote:what if you can't find a label that you think suits your music?
then start your own label :lol:
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

soohy wrote:
blartboy wrote:what if you can't find a label that you think suits your music?
then start your own label :lol:
and be in the same situation
trying to woo distributors into putting out your release